Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Maximiliano Taborda
Hi people.
I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
Could anybody do some magic or just add me as a contributor so I'd be able to upload these configurations.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Maxi

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

EstebanLM
and your user is… ?

Esteban

On 19 Apr 2014, at 00:32, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people.
> I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
> Could anybody do some magic or just add me as a contributor so I'd be able to upload these configurations.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
> Maxi

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Maximiliano Taborda
Sorry, I forgot that. My username is maxi.

and your user is… ?

Esteban

On 19 Apr 2014, at 00:32, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people.
> I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
> Could anybody do some magic or just add me as a contributor so I'd be able to upload these configurations.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
> Maxi

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

EstebanLM
done

On 19 Apr 2014, at 16:59, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry, I forgot that. My username is maxi.

and your user is… ?

Esteban

On 19 Apr 2014, at 00:32, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people.
> I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
> Could anybody do some magic or just add me as a contributor so I'd be able to upload these configurations.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
> Maxi

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Maximiliano Taborda
thanks!

done

On 19 Apr 2014, at 16:59, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry, I forgot that. My username is maxi.

and your user is… ?

Esteban

On 19 Apr 2014, at 00:32, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi people.
> I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
> Could anybody do some magic or just add me as a contributor so I'd be able to upload these configurations.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.
> Maxi

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Maximiliano Taborda wrote
I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.
If it's safe, will you copy the config to http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/maxi/Aconcagua/main/ (there is an outdated version there now)? I'd like to depend on it in my project without involving meta repo for 3.0. In general I've found it's always a good idea to keep copies of configs with the main project because you never know how users will find you! Thanks :)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Maximiliano Taborda
Ready. You got it now.

I decided to not update the config from the aconcagua repo, and maintain up to date only the one in the meta repo, because I can´t find a way to publish the same config version to more than one repo and I don't see the point of "copy" the same package in more than one repo.

If it doesn't exist the option, is a craziness thinking in publish to more than one repo the same config just in one action?

Regards.
Maxi.

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
> I want to publish Chalten and Aconcagua to the meta repo for 3.0.

If it's safe, will you copy the config to
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/maxi/Aconcagua/main/ (there is an outdated
version there now)? I'd like to depend on it in my project without involving
meta repo for 3.0. In general I've found it's always a good idea to keep
copies of configs with the main project because you never know how users
will find you! Thanks :)

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Maximiliano Taborda wrote
I decided to not update the config from the aconcagua repo, and maintain up
to date only the one in the meta repo
Right now:
- main repo has 3.1.1 and 3.1.4
- meta for 30 has 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
I don't see the point of "copy" the same package in more than one repo.
Neither did I at first, but I've found through painful exprience that people find projects through all different routes, and if they stumble upon the main repo and load an out-dated config, they may write the project off as unmaintained or reach out for support before finding out that they have to go to metarepofor30 to get the latest config.

Maximiliano Taborda wrote
is a craziness thinking in publish to more
than one repo the same config just in one action?
That would be welcome. I've wished for that at times, and didn't get around to implementing it...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Grant for MetaRepoForPharo30

stepharo
Copying is nice because people can load when they get to your repo.
I systematically copy configuration.