GraphPaperParameters

Harness, Kathleen
Hi,
I ran into the following problem with a couple of projects done on a PC using: etoys5.0 Latest update:#2406

One of the projects is attached, I get the same set of messages with another.

The projects do not work in etoys4.1 latest update: # 2390
The messages are:
This project was created from a more recent version of Etoys and may not. . . . proceed anyway? Yes
Reading an instance of GraphPaperParameters.
Which modern class should it translate to?
type
think
find

I tried choosing "type. . . " and typed my initials in the box and got another box asking for my initials and then a message, "Please complete the following method and read-in the object file again. Clicked "Ok" and then windows opened:
"Implementors of graphPaperParametersbggsddo0"
and another, "Message not Understood: UndefinedObject

What I am supposed to type? I remember something about this before but not the detail.

I will go ahead an update the software on the computers I am using in a workshop but thought I should report this problem to you.
Regards,
Kathleen

Etoys3GridSudokuGame.002.pr (128K) Download Attachment

Re: GraphPaperParameters

Steve Thomas
Kathleen,

After you open Etoys5.0 hit the keys (alt - comma <on PC> or CMD-comma <on Mac>) a menu will appear, click on help... then click on update code from server in the next menu.  You should then be able to open the project.

Stephen

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Harness, Kathleen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve,
Thanks . . .these workshop computers are not on the internet so "update code from server" is not an option. I downloaded the software onto a flashdrive and installed the new version from it. The problem projects work now with the new software installed.

Do you remember the quick solution which was to type something, I thought it was initials, and then it would just force go ahead without the update or reading in whatever? I won't need it this time, since I am installing the new version just a question/answer good to know for the future.