Grease on GST

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

I (almost) ported Grease on GNU Smalltalk:
http://github.com/NicolasPetton/Grease

It is already usable, but some tests still fail:
470 run, 453 passed, 12 failed, 5 errors

I started to put Iliad on top of it, and so far it works like a charm :)

I'll finish the port as soon as I find some time (probably next
weekend).

If you want to try it:
gst-package -t ~/.st --download grease

Cheers!

Nico

Re: Grease on GST

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 04/05/2010 07:44 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I (almost) ported Grease on GNU Smalltalk:
> http://github.com/NicolasPetton/Grease
>
> It is already usable, but some tests still fail:
> 470 run, 453 passed, 12 failed, 5 errors
>
> I started to put Iliad on top of it, and so far it works like a charm :)
>
> I'll finish the port as soon as I find some time (probably next
> weekend).

Thanks, I got it to 466 passed tests, and the others are meant to fail.
  Unfortunately I had to tweak some tests that are outright broken.

I pushed some fixes to the gst repo and will fork the github Grease repo
soon.

Thanks!

Paolo

Re: Grease on GST

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 06 avril 2010 à 18:44 +0200, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :

> On 04/05/2010 07:44 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I (almost) ported Grease on GNU Smalltalk:
> > http://github.com/NicolasPetton/Grease
> >
> > It is already usable, but some tests still fail:
> > 470 run, 453 passed, 12 failed, 5 errors
> >
> > I started to put Iliad on top of it, and so far it works like a charm :)
> >
> > I'll finish the port as soon as I find some time (probably next
> > weekend).
>
> Thanks, I got it to 466 passed tests, and the others are meant to fail.
>   Unfortunately I had to tweak some tests that are outright broken.
>
> I pushed some fixes to the gst repo and will fork the github Grease repo
> soon.
Yeahh, all tests are green in your updated_tests branch :)
Why not merging with my master branch?

Cheers,

Nico

Re: Grease on GST

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 04/07/2010 10:43 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Yeahh, all tests are green in your updated_tests branch :)
> Why not merging with my master branch?

I'm waiting for feedback from Philippe.

In fact, I developed everything on master branch and then moved all
tests changes to the top to put them on a separate branch. :-)

Paolo