GreaseVASTCoreApp

Marten Feldtmann-2
* in Number class>>readRemainderOf: integerPart from: aStream base: base withSign: sign
        is a reference to method #negativeZero. Where is this method located ?

* in Number class>>readScaledDecimal: integerPart fractionPart: fractionPart digits: fractionDigits base: base sign: sign from: aStream
       is a reference to method  ScaledDecimal newFromNumber: integerPart * sign scale: scale. Where is this method located ?

Marten

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Marten Feldtmann-2
Ok,

- the first part is executed for "Number readFrom: '-0.0'", which throws an exception
- the second part crashed for "Number readFrom: '12.12345s12'".

Marten

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Wayne Johnston
We hadn't used this app until now that we have migrated from VA 8.0.0 to VA 8.6.0.  Marten's findings are still current for that app which is now at version V 8.6.0 [269].  Shall we cover up the error, maybe by not including that app's #readFrom: methods?

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Wayne Johnston
I should have pointed out that we had used the predecessor SeasideVASTPreloadApp in VA 8.0.0 and had the same errors.

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Marten Feldtmann-2
And under Pharo 2.0 it is working ...

Marten

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Wayne Johnston
Marten:
You are saying the packaging errors are gone and those #readFrom: examples work on Pharo 2.0?  So where are those missing methods defined?  Thanks.

Re: GreaseVASTCoreApp

Marten Feldtmann-2
I tried to say, that the methods do their work under Pharo 2.0 - and the same methods do NOT work under VA.