Grey pages

MrGwen
Hi,

Here is a small patch that fix an issue when grey page are removed
in the compaction step :
   - first it was not needed because the work is done with the
oldspace_before_freeing function;
   - and it removes all the pages (except the pages from
the loaded image) and that causes the bug with the fixed space pages
(it doesn't make the difference between an oldspace or fixedspace page).

And I want to thanks Paolo that helps me to find that bug :)

Cheers,
Gwen

greyPages.patch (34 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Grey pages

MrGwen
On 29/03/2012 17:46, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a small patch that fix an issue when grey page are removed
> in the compaction step :
>   - first it was not needed because the work is done with the
> oldspace_before_freeing function;
>   - and it removes all the pages (except the pages from
> the loaded image) and that causes the bug with the fixed space pages
> (it doesn't make the difference between an oldspace or fixedspace page).
>
> And I want to thanks Paolo that helps me to find that bug :)
>
> Cheers,
> Gwen

Now with the patch :)

greyPages.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Grey pages

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 29/03/2012 20:49, Gwenaël Casaccio ha scritto:

> On 29/03/2012 17:46, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a small patch that fix an issue when grey page are removed
>> in the compaction step :
>>   - first it was not needed because the work is done with the
>> oldspace_before_freeing function;
>>   - and it removes all the pages (except the pages from
>> the loaded image) and that causes the bug with the fixed space pages
>> (it doesn't make the difference between an oldspace or fixedspace page).
>>
>> And I want to thanks Paolo that helps me to find that bug :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gwen
>>

> Now with the patch :)

Applied, thanks.