Grid Morph

hernanmd
Hi all,

If it's useful for someone, I've adapted a pretty basic grid morph to Pharo 1.3. To test:

GridMorph columnNamesExample.
GridMorph morphInCellExample.
GridMorph columnNamesExample.
GridMorph blocksExample.

download from http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/BioSmalltalk/SGrid-hfm.3.mcz

cheers,

Hernán

--
Hernán Morales
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Grid Morph

Ben Coman
Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If it's useful for someone, I've adapted a pretty basic grid morph to Pharo
> 1.3. To test:
>
> GridMorph columnNamesExample.
> GridMorph morphInCellExample.
> GridMorph columnNamesExample.
> GridMorph blocksExample.
>
> download from http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/BioSmalltalk/SGrid-hfm.3.mcz
>
> cheers,
>
> Hernán

That looks really good.  I think I'll definitely find a use for it.  Is
there some way (and maybe an example :) ) to push edits to a cell back
into a model ?

btw I got it working in 1.4 with the following change:

From...
    CellMorph class >> defaultTextContentsMorph
        ^CellTextMorph new.
To....
    CellMorph class >> defaultTextContentsMorph
        ^ CellTextMorph new setDefaultContentsIfNil

This is required since [TextMorph new text] in:
    1.3 is a Text for 'abc'
    1.4 is nil
due to the following change...

TextMorph>>relaseCachedState   (1.3 BG 11/20/2004)
    super releaseCachedState.
    self releaseParagraph; paragraph.

TextMorph>>releaseCachedState  (1.4 hfm 1/11/2011)
    super releaseCachedState.
    self releaseParagraph

where previously #setDefaultContentsIfNil was being called from #paragraph.

cheers, Ben