Group windows as tab screencast

laurent laffont
Here's a screencast: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html

Test and feedback welcome.

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Group windows as tab screencast

Scott Gibson
That is nice Laurent!  I really like the ability to group windows with tabs for selection!

Scott Gibson

On Jul 12, 2011, at 5:53 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

Here's a screencast: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html

Test and feedback welcome.

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Group windows as tab screencast

Tudor Girba-2
Very nice!

I would love to have that integrated in Glamour. Would you be interested in taking a look?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very nice!

I would love to have that integrated in Glamour. Would you be interested in taking a look?

I think the first step is to put GroupingWindowsMorph in Polymorph as it's not really related to TWM. Then it will be easily available for Glamour.

Laurent

Doru

On 12 Jul 2011, at 23:53, laurent laffont wrote:

> Here's a screencast: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html
>
> Test and feedback welcome.
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Group windows as tab screencast

simondenier

On 12 juil. 2011, at 23:53, laurent laffont wrote:

Here's a screencast: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html

Looks very cool (now it starts to feel like eclipse ;) )

Could you copy-paste the commands from the video in the blog post. It's very hard to tell what you are doing given only the video.

I guess the first do-it is: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld

But I get a DNU #changePropotionalLayout on GroupWindowMorph with a recent Pharo 1.3 image. What should I do?

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 12 juil. 2011, at 23:53, laurent laffont wrote:

Here's a screencast: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/07/twm-docking-windows.html

Looks very cool (now it starts to feel like eclipse ;) )

I hope we'll do far better than Eclipse :)

Could you copy-paste the commands from the video in the blog post. It's very hard to tell what you are doing given only the video.

The commands are in the comment of the class DockingWindowMorph and GroupWindowMorph

DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld.

(GroupWindowMorph new openInWindowLabeled: 'Window organizer') extent: 400@400.

I guess the first do-it is: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld

But I get a DNU #changePropotionalLayout on GroupWindowMorph with a recent Pharo 1.3 image. What should I do?

It won't work in Pharo 1.3 out the box because it needs updated Polymorph. You need to apply patches from Gary:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4391

I will check this evening.

Laurent

On 13 juil. 2011, at 10:25, laurent laffont wrote:

I guess the first do-it is: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld

But I get a DNU #changePropotionalLayout on GroupWindowMorph with a recent Pharo 1.3 image. What should I do?

It won't work in Pharo 1.3 out the box because it needs updated Polymorph. You need to apply patches from Gary:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4391

OK, there is a slice but I can't find it in either PharoInbox or PharoTreatedInbox. Any idea?
SLICE-Issue-4391-Support-grouping-windows-as-tab-LaurentLaffont.1

--
Simon Denier

Re: Group windows as tab screencast

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 13 juil. 2011, at 10:25, laurent laffont wrote:

I guess the first do-it is: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld

But I get a DNU #changePropotionalLayout on GroupWindowMorph with a recent Pharo 1.3 image. What should I do?

It won't work in Pharo 1.3 out the box because it needs updated Polymorph. You need to apply patches from Gary:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4391

OK, there is a slice but I can't find it in either PharoInbox or PharoTreatedInbox. Any idea?
SLICE-Issue-4391-Support-grouping-windows-as-tab-LaurentLaffont.1

Sure. Squeaksource looses versions.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On 13 juil. 2011, at 12:11, laurent laffont wrote:

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 13 juil. 2011, at 10:25, laurent laffont wrote:

I guess the first do-it is: DockingWindowMorph new openInWorld

But I get a DNU #changePropotionalLayout on GroupWindowMorph with a recent Pharo 1.3 image. What should I do?

It won't work in Pharo 1.3 out the box because it needs updated Polymorph. You need to apply patches from Gary:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4391

OK, there is a slice but I can't find it in either PharoInbox or PharoTreatedInbox. Any idea?
SLICE-Issue-4391-Support-grouping-windows-as-tab-LaurentLaffont.1

The slice seems empty (it actually depends on other packages which I can't find). I also tried with a fresh 1.3 image, by applying the changesets from Gary, but no luck. I guess it only really works with 1.4 but I can't find it.

--
Simon Denier

Re: Group windows as tab screencast

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 13 Jul 2011, at 14:09, Simon Denier wrote:

> The slice seems empty (it actually depends on other packages which I can't find). I also tried with a fresh 1.3 image, by applying the changesets from Gary, but no luck. I guess it only really works with 1.4 but I can't find it.

Yes, slices are magical things: they seem to be empty, but depend on other MC package versions, those are the ones that you need. But indeed, you have to find them and your image can't be too different, otherwise the diffs won't make much sense.

Sven