Grouping/Ungrouping views in ViewComposer

1 message Options

Grouping/Ungrouping views in ViewComposer

Daniel Rozzeta
In MS Word, there is a feature on graphics that let you group and
ungroup figures (not certain on english labels, mine is in italian).
That inspired me to the following.

Sometimes I find myself arranging controls in ViewComposer trying to
get layout working properly when resizing.  Then I realize some view
should move together.  I would like to select them and fire a 'group'
command.  This will automatically create a ContainerView at the same
level of the topmost view in the selection and add all selection as
subviews, keeping the hierarchy.
Ungrouping items in a container will remove them from it and place
them as siblings.

I gave it quick try and failed to make it work properly.  If I find
more spare time (which I doubt) I might retry.  In any case, I drop
the suggestion here just in case someone beats me to it.

Regards,
Daniel