Growl in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I was brainstorming for an example to illustrate announcements and I wanted to have a Growl feature.
So I looked at Snarl from Tony Garnock-Jones and I redesigned a simpler Morph.

It could be more generic with better default handled default.
I do not understand why the color of the text is ignored but I can not want to spend more time on it now.
Apparently the first time the text is read and when the background or the color of the border are set the blue get propagated. :(

        GrowlMorph openWithLabel: 'The time' contents: (TimeStamp now))

If somebody would like to glue together Growl and the available announcements it would be fun to check.

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Growl';
        package: 'Growl';
        load

GrowlMorph openWithLabel: 'The time' contents: (TimeStamp now)

Stef

Something changed between 14042 and 14077 because I do not have the same alpha for the handle but I do not have the time to check.
I do not understand why round corners are not taken into account.

Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 6.55.07 PM.pdf (41K) Download Attachment
Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 6.56.40 PM.pdf (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Growl in Pharo

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, Stef.

This is cool. I will use it in Glamour :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: Growl in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 7, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Thanks, Stef.
>
> This is cool. I will use it in Glamour :)

feel free to add more classVariable as custom hooks.
I will check the alp with igor.

On 8 Aug 2011, at 09:15, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Stef.
>>
>> This is cool. I will use it in Glamour :)
>
> feel free to add more classVariable as custom hooks.
> I will check the alp with igor.

What is alp?

Doru

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 7 Aug 2011, at 19:10, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I was brainstorming for an example to illustrate announcements and I wanted to have a Growl feature.
>>> So I looked at Snarl from Tony Garnock-Jones and I redesigned a simpler Morph.
>>>
>>> It could be more generic with better default handled default.
>>> I do not understand why the color of the text is ignored but I can not want to spend more time on it now.
>>> Apparently the first time the text is read and when the background or the color of the border are set the blue get propagated. :(
>>>
>>> GrowlMorph openWithLabel: 'The time' contents: (TimeStamp now))
>>>
>>> If somebody would like to glue together Growl and the available announcements it would be fun to check.
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'Growl';
>>> package: 'Growl';
>>> load
>>>
>>> GrowlMorph openWithLabel: 'The time' contents: (TimeStamp now)
>>>
>>> Stef
>>>
>>> Something changed between 14042 and 14077 because I do not have the same alpha for the handle but I do not have the time to check.
>>> I do not understand why round corners are not taken into account.
>>>

>>> <Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 6.55.07 PM.pdf><Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 6.56.40 PM.pdf>
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
>> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Growl in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
sorry the alpha vanishing color of the handle :)