GsDevKit can't connect to local stone

GLASS mailing list
Hi all,

I updated GsDevKit by completely deleting my local installation and installing from fresh.

Now when I create a new stone I get the error:

Error: Unable to create a session, check netldi and gem log files.
NetLDI service 'myNation_ldi' not found on node 'puppy' port 50378 :
connect(13,192.168.1.113,port=50378) failed with errno=22,EINVAL, Invalid argument (programmer error) For further information about login failures, check the gem log file

The netldi process is definitely running and netstat confirms it’s listening on 50378 (as it should be from /etc/services) and the only indication in the netldi.log is:

EOF during readData, client may be using old version of libgci library.

I checked the version fo libgci in Pharo and it appears to be the same as the one in the GemStone 3.4.2 product/lib dir so I’m stumped.

When I start the Pharo client (startClient myClient) I can still connect to my remote 3.4.2 stone, so I’m pretty sure the libs are ok, it’s just not connection on my local machine - MacOS 10.13.6

Any ideas what I should try?

Re: GsDevKit can't connect to local stone

GLASS mailing list

On 10/07/2018 02:39 PM, Jupiter Jones via Glass wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I updated GsDevKit by completely deleting my local installation and installing from fresh.
>
> Now when I create a new stone I get the error:
>
> Error: Unable to create a session, check netldi and gem log files.
> NetLDI service 'myNation_ldi' not found on node 'puppy' port 50378 :
> connect(13,192.168.1.113,port=50378) failed with errno=22,EINVAL, Invalid argument (programmer error) For further information about login failures, check the gem log file
>
> The netldi process is definitely running and netstat confirms it’s listening on 50378 (as it should be from /etc/services) and the only indication in the netldi.log is:
>
> EOF during readData, client may be using old version of libgci library.
I think I'd like to see the output of the $GS_HOME/bin/stones script for
your machine ...

It seems that the problem is with the setup/processes on your mac. Can
you connect to the stone using tODE ... there is a Client>Test Login>...
menu item that might provide some additional useful information if you
get an error during login ...

Also a `ps -efw` (or equvalent on mac)  ... I am wondering if there were
some processes left around when you deleted you GsDevKit installation ...

Dale