GsDevKit_home Early Access update

GLASS mailing list
Update includes modifications to all parts of GsDevKit_home: scripts,
tode: client and server. Update with updateGsDevKit first then update
tODE stones manually or with the todeUpdate script:

   $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit -g -t -i
   $GS_HOME/bin todeUpdate <stone-name>

See the pull request[1] for details: for the most part the fixes are
aimed at supporting the Seaside project[2] which will function as a
poster child for setting up a GsDevKit_home project when completed.

This update does not contain a fix for the symbolic link on windows
problem[3], but I thought it would be prudent to get this update out of
the way first, and then I can make the patches and repair script
available in a separate Pull Request ... so I want Early Access users to
update to this by following the instructions at beginning of post ....
and get any issues that come out of the way, without any other
complications:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/5
[2]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/tree/master/shared/projects/seaside31
[3] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/7

Re: GsDevKit_home Early Access update

GLASS mailing list
Hi DAle,

Trying to update my Linux (server side of gsDevKit) executing

 $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit -g -t -i

Gives the following stack. I must go now, cannot debug further, sorry.
Not urgent at all from my side here.

Bye,

=================
   GsDevKit script: create_gs_server_image -f -d /opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo gsDevKitCommandLine
              path: /opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/bin/create_gs_server_image
=================
update gsDevKitCommandLine.image image using /opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st

Fetched -> BaselineOfMetacello-ChristopheDemarey.87 --- filetree:///opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository [:] --- filetree:///opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository
Loaded -> BaselineOfMetacello-ChristopheDemarey.87 --- filetree:///opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository [:] --- filetree:///opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository
Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'upgrade to' new project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept.
Fetched -> BaselineOfFileTree-dkh.4 --- github://dalehenrich/filetree:master/repository [bc48700:master] --- github://dalehenrich/filetree:master/repository
Loaded -> BaselineOfFileTree-dkh.4 --- github://dalehenrich/filetree:master/repository [bc48700:master] --- github://dalehenrich/filetree:master/repository
Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'upgrade to' new project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept.
Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'upgrade to' new project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfFileTree [baseline] from github://dalehenrich/filetree:/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept.
Project: FileTree baseline
...RETRY
...RETRY'Errors in script loaded from /opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st'
Error: only integers should be used as indices
UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>errorNonIntegerIndex
UndefinedObject(Object)>>at:
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>addExtensionClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromEntry:
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory: in Block: [ :entry | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory:
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>loadDefinitions
MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCVersionReader)>>definitions
MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCVersionReader)>>snapshot
MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCFileTreeAbstractReader)>>basicVersion
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>basicVersion
MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCVersionReader)>>version
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed: in Block: [ :r | r version ]
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do: in Block: [ :s | (MCVersionReader readerClassForFileNamed: a...etc...
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>readStreamForFileNamed:do:
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>goferVersionFrom: in Block: [ :packageDirectory | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
MCGitHubRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference(GoferResolvedReference)>>version
MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference>>version
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into: in Block: [ :each | each version ]
OrderedCollection>>do:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into: in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer: in Block: linearLoadPackageSpec: packageSpec gofer: gofer...
MetacelloPharo30Platform(MetacelloPlatform)>>do:displaying:

How can I do you give you more information?

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That looks like the "standard Pharo3.0 problem on the Mac" where you occasionally get errors cracking open the zip file from the github download ... retrying the load should eventually get you updated ...

The fix/workaround for the "standard Pharo3.0 crash during unzip" issue is to to build from local git clones and I've set up GsDevKit_home to use local clones in $GS_HOME/shared/repos ... since I've made that change I haven't seen the crashes ...

Given that, I'm a bit surprised that your are getting FileTree from github, but I'm guessing that you must have customized the gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st script or ???

I see that you are loading Metacello from GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository, but I don't know why you are loading FileTree from github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository ...

I'm assuming that $GS_HOME/shared/repos/pharo3.0/filetree exists (could you check). So the next step is to run the following:

  $GS_HOME/bin/utils/gsDevKitEnvVars | grep FILETREE

Which will tell me which repos you should be using for FileTree ... and then I guess we'll go from there ...

Dale

On 10/20/2015 07:34 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
[...]

Mariano, I have a partial explanation for why the BaselineOfFileTree is failing ... I have defined some env vars incorrectly in a couple of places ...

I've got a patch pull request[9] that I'm queuing up for the symbolic problem and it will also include a fix for the env vars (plus some added tests) ...

Dale

[9] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/9

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:57 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
That looks like the "standard Pharo3.0 problem on the Mac" where you occasionally get errors cracking open the zip file from the github download ... retrying the load should eventually get you updated ...

The fix/workaround for the "standard Pharo3.0 crash during unzip" issue is to to build from local git clones and I've set up GsDevKit_home to use local clones in $GS_HOME/shared/repos ... since I've made that change I haven't seen the crashes ...

I am not sure this looks like the unzip crash. I have seen those before and this one doesn't look like as far as I  remember.

Given that, I'm a bit surprised that your are getting FileTree from github, but I'm guessing that you must have customized the gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st script or ???

No, I don't have a customized version.

I see that you are loading Metacello from GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository, but I don't know why you are loading FileTree from github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository ...

No clue...

I'm assuming that $GS_HOME/shared/repos/pharo3.0/filetree exists (could you check). So the next step is to run the following:

No, it doesn't exist. Directory $GS_HOME/shared/repos/pharo3.0/  is empty.

  $GS_HOME/bin/utils/gsDevKitEnvVars | grep FILETREE

GS_SHARED_GIT_CHECKOUT_GEMSTONE_FILETREE=gemstone2.4
GS_SHARED_GIT_CHECKOUT_PHARO3_FILETREE=pharo3.0
GS_SHARED_GITHUB_COMMIT_GEMSTONE_FILETREE=gemstone2.4
GS_SHARED_GITHUB_COMMIT_PHARO3_FILETREE=pharo3.0
GS_SHARED_GIT_REMOTE_GEMSTONE_FILETREE=origin
GS_SHARED_GIT_REMOTE_PHARO3_FILETREE=origin
GS_SHARED_REPO_GEMSTONE_FILETREE=filetree:///opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/filetree/repository
GS_SHARED_REPO_PHARO3_FILETREE=github://dalehenrich/filetree:/repository

Which will tell me which repos you should be using for FileTree ... and then I guess we'll go from there ...

So yeah, clearly it's using the one from github. The problem is to know why. Maybe the explanation is the one yours below.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi great Dale,

Let me know when (how?) you want me to test that and I tell you if it fixes the problem or not.
There is no hurry from my side on this one.
Thanks for the push!