[GsDevKit_home] Is this project still the way to set up Gemstone?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GsDevKit_home] Is this project still the way to set up Gemstone?

sergio_101
I am spending some time learning how gemstone works, and using this project as a starting point.

When trying to create a stone using either 3.3.0 or 3.4.0, I get the following error at the very end.

This is using the following incantation:

createStone devKit_33 3.3.0 |& tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log

Error on or near line 99 :: devKitCommandLine startstone devKit_33 -N :: devKitCommandLine startstone devKit_33 -N
Error on or near line 116 :: startStone -b -N devKit_33 :: startStone -b -N devKit_33
Error on or near line 148 :: newExtent -s /Users/sergio/Sites/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/product/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf devKit_33 :: newExtent -s /Users/sergio/Sites/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/product/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf devKit_33
Error on or near line 209 :: createStone devKit_33 3.3.0 :: createStone devKit_33 3.3.0

Ideas?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [GsDevKit_home] Is this project still the way to set up Gemstone?

Dale Henrichs-3

Sergio,

Could you open an issue here[1]. This is purely a GsDevKit_home issue. When you submit the issue, could you include details about what hardware you are running on and it would help if you included the entire install.log in your issue report as I think there is additional information in the log file that may help ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues

On 5/29/19 5:28 PM, sergio ruiz wrote:
I am spending some time learning how gemstone works, and using this project as a starting point.

When trying to create a stone using either 3.3.0 or 3.4.0, I get the following error at the very end.

Error on or near line 99 :: devKitCommandLine startstone devKit_33 -N :: devKitCommandLine startstone devKit_33 -N
Error on or near line 116 :: startStone -b -N devKit_33 :: startStone -b -N devKit_33
Error on or near line 148 :: newExtent -s /Users/sergio/Sites/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/product/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf devKit_33 :: newExtent -s /Users/sergio/Sites/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/product/bin/extent0.seaside.dbf devKit_33
Error on or near line 209 :: createStone devKit_33 3.3.0 :: createStone devKit_33 3.3.0

Ideas?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3

Sergio,

Also include the SHA of the GsDevKit_home commit that you are using:

cd $GS_HOME
git log -1

Dale

On 5/29/19 5:39 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

Sergio,

Could you open an issue here[1]. This is purely a GsDevKit_home issue. When you submit the issue, could you include details about what hardware you are running on and it would help if you included the entire install.log in your issue report as I think there is additional information in the log file that may help ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues

On 5/29/19 5:28 PM, sergio ruiz wrote:

Ideas?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio

Reply | Threaded
|

sergio_101
Thanks, Dale..

I created an issue with all the info..

On May 29, 2019 at 8:46:45 PM, Dale Henrichs ([hidden email]) wrote:

Also include the SHA of the GsDevKit_home commit that you are using:

cd $GS_HOME
git log -1

Dale

----
peace,
sergio