GsDevKit_home users beware of XFS file systems

1 message Options

GsDevKit_home users beware of XFS file systems

GLASS mailing list

Today, we were running some GsDevKit_home tests on an Ubuntu 18.04 system and discovered that we couldn't launch Pharo3.0, getting the following error message:

capella:test>./pharo
could not find module vm-display-null
./pharo: line 11: 13069 Aborted                 (core dumped) "$DIR"/"pharo-vm/pharo" --nodisplay "$@"
capella:test>

after much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair, we found that the volume we were running the tests on was using an XFS file system ... I don't think that I've seen nor heard of this failure in the wild, but it is worth noting, if only to save much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair.

Dale