GsDevKit user profile

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

        i have another question about   clone and working with the GsDevKit   into a new system.

        Is it best use the system user profile ( defined at operating system installation )    or create a specific 'glass' user  profile ?

        Thanks for any considerations,

                Dario

Re: GsDevKit user profile

GLASS mailing list

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

        i have another question about   clone and working with the GsDevKit   into a new system.

        Is it best use the system user profile ( defined at operating system installation )    or create a       specific               'glass' user  profile ?

I use a specific user .. imagine something called like "glass" or "yourappname". That user is NOT sudoer, has not ssh login allowed etc etc.
Then I cloned gsDevKit with THAT user (so I had to add ssh keys for it in github) and the root directory I choosed is  /opt/gsDevKitHome/  since I also have another  /opt/gemstoneAdditions/ with a bunch of scripts.

My idea was that not every developer should need to clone the gsDevKit in their own folder. Also, developers may have ssh access etc.
So I prefer to have only one clone, used by a specific none root user, and then developers that may need to do something with it, they simply do a "sudo su glass".

But...that being said, since I am running tODE now in my local image, (not via X11 forward of a todeClient runnin in the server), I barely need to do anything in /opt/gsDevKit  on the server.

Hope this helps,