HEAD vs master

patmaddox
What's the difference? They currently point to the same commit. I'm wondering if they are intended for different things.

Thanks,
Pat

Re: HEAD vs master

Ron Welch
HEAD is a reference that points to master, which is a branch. If you create a new branch, say called develop and check it out then HEAD will change to point to the new develop branch.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2011, at 4:08 AM, Pat Maddox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What's the difference? They currently point to the same commit. I'm wondering if they are intended for different things.
>
> Thanks,
> Pat

Re: HEAD vs master

patmaddox