HRESULT error when generating ActiveX control interface classes

HRESULT error when generating ActiveX control interface classes

Mikael Svane-2
I tried to generate the interface classes for an ActiveX control (SmpMapX
from www.triusinc.com) using the AX control wizard, but got a HRESULT error
(error code -2147312566). The error message (translated from swedish) is:
'An error occured when a type library or a DLL file was about to be read.
(FACILITY_DISPATCH)'. I have never seen this before and the control works
inside the AX control browser. I have also tried to re-register the control
(which worked), but I still get the same error. This is the walkback:
22:52:15, den 12 februari 2002: 'HRESULT Error: Ett fel inträffade när ett
typbibliotek eller en DLL-fil skulle läsas. (FACILITY_DISPATCH)'
ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>hresultError:
ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>invalidCall
ITypeInfo>>GetRefTypeInfo:ppTInfo:
ITypeInfo>>getRefTypeInfo:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>getRefType:
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>classDesc
TYPEDESC>>typeName
ELEMDESC>>typeName
[] in FUNCDESC>>argumentTypes
[] in Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>from:to:keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
FUNCDESC>>argumentTypes
[] in TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateDefineFunctions
[] in Array(Collection)>>do:separatedBy:
Array(ArrayedCollection)>>do:
Array(Collection)>>do:separatedBy:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateDefineFunctions
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer>>generateClassInitialize
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXInterfaceTypeAnalyzer)>>generateWrapper
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>basicGenerate
[] in TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>generate
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>onDo:
BlockClosure>>on:do:on:do:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>generate
[] in AXComponentWizard>>generate
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>from:to:keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
[] in AXComponentWizard>>generate
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in AXComponentWizard>>generate
[] in ProgressDialog>>forkOperation
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:

Why does this occur?

Regards,

Mikael Svane

Re: HRESULT error when generating ActiveX control interface classes

Blair McGlashan
"Mikael Svane" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:a4c34v$1dq8jl$[hidden email]...
> I tried to generate the interface classes for an ActiveX control (SmpMapX
> from www.triusinc.com) using the AX control wizard, but got a HRESULT
error
> (error code -2147312566). The error message (translated from swedish) is:
> 'An error occured when a type library or a DLL file was about to be read.
> (FACILITY_DISPATCH)'. I have never seen this before and the control works
> inside the AX control browser. I have also tried to re-register the
control

> (which worked), but I still get the same error. This is the walkback:
> 22:52:15, den 12 februari 2002: 'HRESULT Error: Ett fel inträffade när ett
> typbibliotek eller en DLL-fil skulle läsas. (FACILITY_DISPATCH)'
> ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>hresultError:
> ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>invalidCall
> ITypeInfo>>GetRefTypeInfo:ppTInfo:
> ITypeInfo>>getRefTypeInfo:
> TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>getRefType:
>... snip ...
> Why does this occur?

It seems that the system is attempting to load a cross-referenced type
library, which is failing. i.e. it is not this component itself, but another
on which it depends for type information, that is either not available or
has a problem. The component may work even without this, but the
pre-requisite library is needed for full type information. Try loading up
the component in the Microsoft OLEVIEW utilitly to see what that does.

Regards

Blair