HTML 5 multiple attribute

Philippe Marschall
Hi

With the HTML 5 multiple attribute [1] <input> elements now can have
multiple values. Right now only the first one is passed to the
callback block because WACallback >> #evaluateWithFieldValues: only
uses the first one. What do people think would be the best way to
solve this? I don't really want to create new tag classes for multiple
valued tags. What I can think of is a "multiple" instance variable in
WAFormInputTag and WAValueCallback. Not very nice, but would work.

 [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/single-page.html#the-multiple-attribute

Cheers
Philippe

Re: HTML 5 multiple attribute

Lukas Renggli
What about a special callback function that sets the attribute and
that uses a special subclass of WAValueCallback?

Lukas

On 21 April 2012 21:16, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> With the HTML 5 multiple attribute [1] <input> elements now can have
> multiple values. Right now only the first one is passed to the
> callback block because WACallback >> #evaluateWithFieldValues: only
> uses the first one. What do people think would be the best way to
> solve this? I don't really want to create new tag classes for multiple
> valued tags. What I can think of is a "multiple" instance variable in
> WAFormInputTag and WAValueCallback. Not very nice, but would work.
>
>  [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/single-page.html#the-multiple-attribute
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What about a special callback function that sets the attribute and
> that uses a special subclass of WAValueCallback?

Ok, I went for this a method named  #multipleValuesCallback:. who's
argument will be a sequenceable collection. Reviews and comments are
welcome. To reflect it's experimental nature I committed it only to
the 3.1 branch to so far.

Cheers
Philippe