HTML Hard Spaces

horrido
With  the Web package, is there any way to insert hard spaces (eg,   or &#160)? Otherwise, how can you insert arbitrary amounts of whitespace?

Re: HTML Hard Spaces

Herby Vojčík
html entity: 'nbsp'

Richard Eng wrote:

> With the Web package, is there any way to insert hard spaces (eg,
>   or &#160)? Otherwise, how can you insert arbitrary amounts of
> whitespace?

Re: HTML Hard Spaces

Herby Vojčík

Richard Eng wrote:
> With the Web package, is there any way to insert hard spaces (eg, &nbsp;
> or &#160)? Otherwise, how can you insert arbitrary amounts of whitespace?

(and of course, &nbsp; is not for adding space, it's role is to be
non-breaking space; for styling issues like "here should be 5em free
space", there is css)

Re: HTML Hard Spaces

horrido
Ah, yes. CSS. I tend not to use CSS because I'm too lazy to learn it. I guess I can't avoid it forever... ;-)

On Monday, 15 June 2015 15:57:08 UTC-4, Herby wrote:

Richard Eng wrote:
> With the Web package, is there any way to insert hard spaces (eg, &nbsp;
> or &#160)? Otherwise, how can you insert arbitrary amounts of whitespace?

(and of course, &nbsp; is not for adding space, it's role is to be
non-breaking space; for styling issues like "here should be 5em free
space", there is css)

Re: HTML Hard Spaces

Herby Vojčík
I remember times of HTML 3.2 with all its fonts, centers, blinks, marquees; p used as line separators; br taken as normal, etc.

I am very glad those times are gone and html is left for the data it self, while appearance of that data is decoupled to css.

As this happened fairly long ago, I am in awe that there is still someone who eschews css. But, world is full if surprises.

;-) Yes I think you should learn it. I presume the best way for your hackish nature would be to start to use inline style attribute whenever you want some appearance, then learn to use style tags in head to group it per page, then finally decouple it into dedicated .css files...

Dňa 15. júna 2015 22:18:16 CEST používateľ Richard Eng <[hidden email]> napísal: