HTTP Proxy server ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
I can't seem to connect using a proxy server with network authentication.  I have now successfully saved the HTTP proxy server and port number as well as the user name and password.  I am using 1.1 using the new Settings browser and successfully updated the settings in "MyOwn" settings style.

Also, how can I set the "use automatic configuration script"?  Is there maybe a way for the VM to detect the proxy settings somehow just like a web browser detects the network/proxy settings from the host OS?

Re: HTTP Proxy server ...

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can't seem to connect using a proxy server with network authentication.  I
have now successfully saved the HTTP proxy server and port number as well as
the user name and password.  I am using 1.1 using the new Settings browser
and successfully updated the settings in "MyOwn" settings style.

I didn't understand. Is it working or not ?  For me it was working when setting all the fields.

Also, how can I set the "use automatic configuration script"?  Is there
maybe a way for the VM to detect the proxy settings somehow just like a web
browser detects the network/proxy settings from the host OS?

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2220967/Network_Settings.png

I don't know. In my experience (in mac) it automatically detects the proxy and port, but not the username and password.
So...if there is proxy without authentication, I don't need to do anything. But if it is required, then I need to define it in the settings browser.

Re: HTTP Proxy server ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
> I can't seem to connect using a proxy server with network authentication.  I
> have now successfully saved the HTTP proxy server and port number as well as
> the user name and password.  I am using 1.1 using the new Settings browser
> and successfully updated the settings in "MyOwn" settings style.

I didn't understand. Is it working or not ?  For me it was working when
setting all the fields.
No, when I do a "System > Software update" I get a message saying "All code update servers seem to be unavailable" and when I try to Open a Monticello repository I get: "Error: Could not access http ...".

How do I find out if the settings I have saved are actually being used?

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
> Also, how can I set the "use automatic configuration script"?  Is there
> maybe a way for the VM to detect the proxy settings somehow just like a web
> browser detects the network/proxy settings from the host OS?

I don't know. In my experience (in mac) it automatically detects the proxy
and port, but not the username and password.
So...if there is proxy without authentication, I don't need to do anything.
But if it is required, then I need to define it in the settings browser.
On my mac at home all works fine (no proxy server there) but on windows it doesn't detect anything.  I had to manually add the proxy server, port, user name and password.