HTTP Token Based authentication server?

Esteban A. Maringolo
Is it there any implementation for token based authentication over HTTP?

I know there is a OAuth client, but do we have an OAuth server?

I'm migrating the authentication of our mobile apps from standard HTTP digest (user/pass base64 encoded) to token based auth, and could find very useful to have something already done to use or to build on top of.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: HTTP Token Based authentication server?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 28 Jan 2015, at 14:29, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it there any implementation for token based authentication over HTTP?
>
> I know there is a OAuth client, but do we have an OAuth server?

There are some students here in Lille that were looking for a cool project, and this is one of the two subjects that I suggested to them.

> I'm migrating the authentication of our mobile apps from standard HTTP digest (user/pass base64 encoded) to token based auth, and could find very useful to have something already done to use or to build on top of.
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: HTTP Token Based authentication server?

Esteban A. Maringolo

> On 28 Jan 2015, at 14:29, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it there any implementation for token based authentication over HTTP?
>
> I know there is a OAuth client, but do we have an OAuth server?

There are some students here in Lille that were looking for a cool project, and this is one of the two subjects that I suggested to them.

> I'm migrating the authentication of our mobile apps from standard HTTP digest (user/pass base64 encoded) to token based auth, and could find very useful to have something already done to use or to build on top of.

I could use/test this!

By know I'm simply generating a token using to lookup a valid session.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

students looking for projects?

Martin Bähr
Excerpts from Sven Van Caekenberghe's message of 2015-01-29 22:57:57 +0100:
> There are some students here in Lille that were looking for a cool project,
> and this is one of the two subjects that I suggested to them.

you have students looking for projects?
there are a bunch of smalltalk related projects on labs.fossasia.org that i am mentoring.
not sure if they count as cool though...

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

Re: students looking for projects?

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Hi Martin,

this is an interesting site.

I saw your lab: "implement a REST API server in Smalltalk"

You may want to have a look at: swagger
https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec
and the additional parts around it.

Swagger specs are easy to integrate into many clients via swagger
codegen and swagger.js.

I think it would be a great project to have  support in Zinc, or Moose
for that.

Maybe this is something students would like to work on.
Sebastian

On 2015-01-29 5:50 PM, Martin Bähr wrote:
> Excerpts from Sven Van Caekenberghe's message of 2015-01-29 22:57:57 +0100:
>> There are some students here in Lille that were looking for a cool project,
>> and this is one of the two subjects that I suggested to them.
> you have students looking for projects?
> there are a bunch of smalltalk related projects on labs.fossasia.org that i am mentoring.
> not sure if they count as cool though...
>
> greetings, martin.

Re: students looking for projects?

fstephany
This microframework is quite handy for REST API (and the README of the repo is *really* useful)

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~zeroflag/Teapot

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

this is an interesting site.

I saw your lab: "implement a REST API server in Smalltalk"

You may want to have a look at: swagger https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec
and the additional parts around it.

Swagger specs are easy to integrate into many clients via swagger codegen and swagger.js.

I think it would be a great project to have  support in Zinc, or Moose for that.

Maybe this is something students would like to work on.
Sebastian

Re: students looking for projects?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
So many options, there is Zinc-REST as well...

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 07:29, François Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This microframework is quite handy for REST API (and the README of the repo is *really* useful)
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~zeroflag/Teapot
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> this is an interesting site.
>
> I saw your lab: "implement a REST API server in Smalltalk"
>
> You may want to have a look at: swagger https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec
> and the additional parts around it.
>
> Swagger specs are easy to integrate into many clients via swagger codegen and swagger.js.
>
> I think it would be a great project to have  support in Zinc, or Moose for that.
>
> Maybe this is something students would like to work on.
> Sebastian
>

> On 2015-01-29 5:50 PM, Martin Bähr wrote:
> Excerpts from Sven Van Caekenberghe's message of 2015-01-29 22:57:57 +0100:
> There are some students here in Lille that were looking for a cool project,
> and this is one of the two subjects that I suggested to them.
> you have students looking for projects?
> there are a bunch of smalltalk related projects on labs.fossasia.org that i am mentoring.
> not sure if they count as cool though...
>
> greetings, martin.

Re: students looking for projects?

Martin Bähr
Excerpts from Sven Van Caekenberghe's message of 2015-01-30 07:53:46 +0100:
> > This microframework is quite handy for REST API (and the README of the repo is *really* useful)
> > http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~zeroflag/Teapot
> So many options, there is Zinc-REST as well...

i am aware of both. i want to take a look at Zinc-REST first though.

i looked at Teapot briefly. i am not a fan of routing all urls from a central
location , i prefer a way where i delegate a namespace say "/people" where a
class then is responsible for what happens within that namespace. iaw: if i go
to "/people/person/2" then the HandlePeople class would be called with the
argument "person/2" or even #(person 2)

this allows me to map a REST api to an arbitrary object hierarchy, where the
base urls are only defined by the hierarchy which itself is not even aware of
REST, and once the object is located i only need to connect the REST
interaction to it and have it work the same way regardless of where in the
hierarchy that object actually lives.

greetings, martin.

sebastianconcept@gmail.co

On Jan 30, 2015, at 12:35 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:

I saw your lab: "implement a REST API server in Smalltalk"

You may want to have a look at: swagger https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec
and the additional parts around it.

Swagger specs are easy to integrate into many clients via swagger codegen and swagger.js.

I think it would be a great project to have  support in Zinc, or Moose for that.

+1

Beside the technical merits, Swagger has a lot of attention in other communities.

Having a Pharo project around it can connect us with the projects they have :)

My impression is that it would be strategy wise

Re: students looking for projects?

Blondeau Vincent

Just for your information, I have already implemented a REST service for accessing any Moose model and its objects: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~VincentBlondeau/MooseOnWeb. It uses Zinc-REST framework to implement the service.

Feel free to contribute or ask more information!

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

On Jan 30, 2015, at 12:35 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:

I saw your lab: "implement a REST API server in Smalltalk"

You may want to have a look at: swagger
https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-spec
and the additional parts around it.

Swagger specs are easy to integrate into many clients via swagger codegen and swagger.js.

I think it would be a great project to have  support in Zinc, or Moose for that.

+1

Beside the technical merits, Swagger has a lot of attention in other communities.

Having a Pharo project around it can connect us with the projects they have :)

My impression is that it would be strategy wise

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.