HTTP messaging project (was Google Summer of Code..)

HTTP messaging project (was Google Summer of Code..)

Janko Mivšek
On 07. 03. 2010 00:02, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> + Take the best parts of Seaside and Swazoo's HTTP protocol classes
> and create an HTTP package that could be optionally loaded with Grease
> and used by multiple projects.

This is actually very good idea and because we need to reimplement the
Swazoo HTTP messaging part due to licensing reasons anyway, even more
timely.

So, idea is to make an independent HTTP messaging library to be used for
both web servers and clients, and also for internal use in web
frameworks like Seaside, Aida and Iliad, to avoid unnecessary converting
as it happens now.

As a Swazoo maintainer a have quite an interest and I'm therefore
willing to mentor that project.

Janko

Re: HTTP messaging project (was Google Summer of Code..)

Janko Mivšek

On 07. 03. 2010 11:00, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 10:59 AM, Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> This is actually very good idea and because we need to reimplement the
>> Swazoo HTTP messaging part due to licensing reasons anyway, even more
>> timely.
>
> Don't get me started on this...  Are you sure there's no more pressing
> need for Swazoo?

Certainly, like improving the HTTP Server part according to your
suggestions and actual code. Also unifiying the portability layer (Sport
and Grease) under a common umbrella is a good idea, then we can move
Swazoo on that layer.

But Julian's idea came just at the right moment and it has a broader
appeal. We can then redesign the HTTP server part in the meantime. I see
many synergies there.

Best regards
Janko

Janko Mivšek