HTTPS POP3S and SMTPS

Vincent Lesbros-2
Hi,

I just install "VisualWorks® Personal Use Edition Release 8.0.1 of March 26, 2015"
and try to load "NetClients" parcel from the parcel manager.

I get the same error than with the previous version "8.0",

Could not locate prerequisite parcel HTTPS

Could not locate prerequisite parcel POP3S

Could not locate prerequisite parcel SMTPS

Parcel NetClients :

format: 17
parcel: NetClients
prerequisiteParcels: OrderedCollection (#('IMAP' '') #('HTTP' '') #('HTTPS' '') #('FTP' '') #('POP3' '') #('POP3S' '') #('SMTP' '') #('SMTPS' '') #('WebSupport' '') #('NetConfigTool' ''))
space: #('92' '2332')
timestamp: 30 octobre 2014 08:35:57
version: 8.0.1 - 1

Re: HTTPS POP3S and SMTPS

Maarten Mostert
Hi Vincent,

This might be just due to the fact that the NSA stops Cincom from shipping all the bits and peaces of crypting and security to PUL users.

From th NSA sight that sounds a bit hypocrite as they have backdoors in that technology anyway. But maybe their requirements is just set to pick you as a potentioal target so they can track and listen to you from that point. You can off course argue that as an occasional Tor and Spideroak user you are already an NSA client, but I am not so sure Cincom can make that case for you.

Regards,

PS. Don’t take this to seriously please …

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
83400 Hyères, France
+33 676411296