HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: ported to gemstone

HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: ported to gemstone

EstebanLM
Hi Dale,
I decided my self to "take the bull by the horns" and I ported HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: to gemstone (I need it a lot). As there were already an #httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:, it was just some cut&paste from pharo and an adaptation to same things I saw on that method.
I commited that to PharoPlatformSupport project in GemSource, but maybe this should be part of the core...

What do you think?

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: ported to gemstone

Dale Henrichs
I think it should be part of the core ... I'll integrate it in my next
release of GLASS ...

Dale

On 11/26/2010 09:37 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
> Hi Dale,
> I decided my self to "take the bull by the horns" and I ported HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: to gemstone (I need it a lot). As there were already an #httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:, it was just some cut&paste from pharo and an adaptation to same things I saw on that method.
> I commited that to PharoPlatformSupport project in GemSource, but maybe this should be part of the core...
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: ported to gemstone

NorbertHartl
Hi,

could you please elaborate on what are these packages? I know we have a Squeak package where methods from squeak were put to be able to write cross platform code. Later the meaning shifted towards pharo and there were plans to split up those packages into squeakCommon, pharo and squeak. From that point of view what is PharoPlatformSupport? It is a repository and in there are two packages GemStonePlatformSupport and SqueakPlatformSupport.
To be honest I'm confused.

Norbert

On 26.11.2010, at 19:52, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> I think it should be part of the core ... I'll integrate it in my next release of GLASS ...
>
> Dale
>
> On 11/26/2010 09:37 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>> I decided my self to "take the bull by the horns" and I ported HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: to gemstone (I need it a lot). As there were already an #httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:, it was just some cut&paste from pharo and an adaptation to same things I saw on that method.
>> I commited that to PharoPlatformSupport project in GemSource, but maybe this should be part of the core...
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban

Re: HTTPSocket>>#httpPostDocument:args:accept:request: ported to gemstone

Dale Henrichs
Squeak is the package that contains the "Squeak" compatibility code for
GLASS. For GLASS, the emphasis has shifted to Pharo compatibility, if
and when folks complain about the divergence between Pharo and Squeak
proper I won't be driven to split up the packages...

In the longer term I hope to provide Pharo compatibility by actually

Given that Pharo is diverging from itself, I will probably have to
address this problem a bit sooner since Pharo compatibility will vary
based on which version of Pharo you want to be compatible with. I've got
a couple of ideas, but nothing concrete at the moment...

The 'Pharo Platform Support' is a somewhat independent project that
Esteban has created to adress the same problem, but in his case without
going through the Squeak package. Esteban is using an approach similar
to Grease for adding compatibility. For GLASS I would prefer that the
base code be compatible, rather than programming to a platform class.
With that said, the platform oriented approach has it's advantages.

Dale