Hallo Pharoers.. namespaces in the system level ?

12

Re: Hallo Pharoers.. namespaces in the system level ?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Oct 11, 2010, at 6:02 PM, James Foster wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> there is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between
>> (1)  namespace at the language level and we do not want that the way german did it.
>
> Stéphane,
>
> Are you suggesting that the approach Germán Leiva demonstrated at ESUG last month is "at the language level"? Could you elaborate?

no time to elaborate sorry I have boring documents to write.
Now this is at the language level because as a programmer I have to write it when I write my class.

Look at point 2 items: you as a nice programmer do not care that your class is defined in bootstrap or normal.

Stef

> James
>
>> Give us some times and we will try different solutions and see what come out
>> (2) systemDictionary at the infrastructure level.
>> We are working on that since Squeak Kernel Cleaning Project
>> here we want the tools to be able to use another environment so that we can
>> - bootstrap the compiler with itself
>> - load different version of code (for Moose) to build report on Pharo 1.2 from pharo 1.1
>> - bootstrap the kernel
>> - build atomic loading.
>> We are working on 2 and this is what nick needs.
>> I will not talk about namespace at the lnaguage level. No time for that.
>>
>> Stef
12