Halo lost in linux and others quirks

jdinunci
Hello,

I'm new to smalltalk, I've been trying squeak for some time, and recently I
discovered pharo, so I downloaded the files and started to play with it.

The problems:
*) Halos behave inconsistently: I can only activate halos in the world
   menus. If I middle-click in the workspace, the preference browser
   or any other window, they don't appear.
*) Preference Browser -> Keyboard: If I deactivate
   duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys and duplicateControlAndAltKeys,
   no matter the state of swapControlAltKeys, actions like copy are always
   invoked by the alt key.
*) If I use the window menu -> window color and *drag* the pointer over
   the palette, the system slows down and the mouse is captured by the
   palette for several seconds (the more time you drag, the more time
   you need to regain control).

Where I'm tenting:
  @ work: Intel Core2 Duo,   2GB RAM, Ubuntu 9.10 64 bits
  @ home: Intel,           512MB RAM, Ubuntu 9.10 32 bits

What I'm testing:
  set #1: pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux, pharo0.1-10373web09.07.2.zip
  set #2: pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux, pharo0.1-10379dev09.07.3.zip
  set #3: exupery 0.15-linux,     pharo0.1-10373web09.07.2.zip
  set #4: exupery 0.15-linux,     pharo0.1-10379dev09.07.3.zip
  all sets with SqueakV39-sources.zip

In all sets, both machines, the problems were the same. I've been playing with
squeak 3.9 installed from the official ubuntu repository in both machines and
it runs fine. I tried using that interpreter with the pharo images and it
couldn't read the images due to version mismatch (6502 vs. 6504). I' tried to
compile the last squeak but I didn't had all dependencies at hand, and it was
too late.

Thanks

--
Ing. José Dinuncio
Unidad de Redes Telemáticas

Re: Halo lost in linux and others quirks

Damien Cassou
Hi José,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> *) Halos behave inconsistently: I can only activate halos in the world
>   menus. If I middle-click in the workspace, the preference browser
>   or any other window, they don't appear.

shift+middle click should do it.

--
Damien Cassou