Halos in pharo 3

Andy Burnett
I have two related questions:
1. how does one bring up halos in the 3.0 image. I tried Cmd + Shift + two fingers (on my track pad), but nothing happens.

2. How does one get rid of the Pomodoro timers? I assumed I could use Halos - see question 1 - but maybe there is a better way?

Cheers
Andy

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Ben Coman
Andy Burnett wrote:

> I have two related questions:
> 1. how does one bring up halos in the 3.0 image. I tried Cmd + Shift + two
> fingers (on my track pad), but nothing happens.
>
> 2. How does one get rid of the Pomodoro timers? I assumed I could use Halos
> - see question 1 - but maybe there is a better way?
>
> Cheers
> Andy

I think it depends a little bit on your platform.  For Windows 7,
<Shift-Alt> works for me.

cheers -ben

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Clément Béra
In Mac OS X lion, I press <Shift> then I can select multiple morphs with the halo. I use that to close multiple morphs at the same time.

I don't know on iPad however ..

2013/10/4 <[hidden email]>
Andy Burnett wrote:
I have two related questions:
1. how does one bring up halos in the 3.0 image. I tried Cmd + Shift + two
fingers (on my track pad), but nothing happens.

2. How does one get rid of the Pomodoro timers? I assumed I could use Halos
- see question 1 - but maybe there is a better way?

Cheers
Andy

I think it depends a little bit on your platform.  For Windows 7, <Shift-Alt> works for me.

cheers -ben

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Traditionally in Squeak, you could cycle through Morphs in either direction - from the topmost (e.g. a TextMorph in the Window) which is Alt-Shift-click on Mac, or bottom most parent (e.g. from the Window) which on Mac is Alt-click. Some people found the non-Shift version troublesome because they accidentally brought up halos.

So in Pharo by default, you can Alt-click. You can also re-enable the Alt-Shift-click direction via the settings browser: (World Menu->System->Settings). Text search on halos and then enable "Cycle both directions"

HTH
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Andy Burnett
Sean said

<<Traditionally in Squeak, you could cycle through Morphs in either direction -
from the topmost (e.g. a TextMorph in the Window) which is Alt-Shift-click
on Mac, or bottom most parent (e.g. from the Window) which on Mac is
Alt-click. Some people found the non-Shift version troublesome because they
accidentally brought up halos.

So in Pharo by default, you can Alt-click. You can also re-enable the
Alt-Shift-click direction via the settings browser: (World
Menu->System->Settings). Text search on halos and then enable "Cycle both
directions">>

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Ben Coman
Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Traditionally in Squeak, you could cycle through Morphs in either direction -
> from the topmost (e.g. a TextMorph in the Window) which is Alt-Shift-click
> on Mac, or bottom most parent (e.g. from the Window) which on Mac is
> Alt-click. Some people found the non-Shift version troublesome because they
> accidentally brought up halos.
>
> So in Pharo by default, you can Alt-click. You can also re-enable the
> Alt-Shift-click direction via the settings browser: (World
> Menu->System->Settings). Text search on halos and then enable "Cycle both
> directions"
>
> HTH
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Except for me (Windows 7) this seems reversed from what you say in the
second paragraph.  By default, I can only <Alt-Shift-click>. Enabling
"Cycle both directions" allows <Alt-click> to work. Although this
configuration seems to align with "Some people found the non-Shift
version troublesome because they accidentally brought up halos."

Just to confirm, operation of these for me aligns with what you said...
 From top: <Alt-Shift-click> starts with the smallest/most-specific
morph with subsequent clicks grow out to the containing window.
 From bottom: <Alt-click> starts at the window and subsequent clicks
narrow down into the smallest/most-specific morph.

cheers -ben

Re: Halos in pharo 3

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
btc wrote
Except for me (Windows 7) this seems reversed from what you say in the
second paragraph.  By default, I can only <Alt-Shift-click>. Enabling
"Cycle both directions" allows <Alt-click> to work
Quite right... copy-paste error ;)
Cheers,
Sean