Handle Close Event in Image - necessary for 1.0?

Handle Close Event in Image - necessary for 1.0?

Torsten Bergmann
>open a ticket

As I wrote, there is an issue 2131 already.

>provide some tested code

I can just provide an old changeset mixed up from Squeak code -
it works but I do not have tested or look if it merges correctly
with Pharo. At least it works, I dont like the "TheWorldMenu basicNew quitSession" hack.

Someone (with knowledge of the event handling system) should review
or enhance it (Marcus?). You will find it attached.

>I cannot do everything especially for platform I do not have access to.

We should handle this in-image now for all platforms
since it is AFAIK this is now supported by all VM's. How is it done
on Mac and Linux these days?

>Then, for 1.1 open a ticket so that someone try to fix the problem with the
>version 4.

There is already one:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2131

If we want to keep quality high we should care about this.

Bye
T.

WindowCloseEventHandling.1.cs (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Handle Close Event in Image - necessary for 1.0?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/4/6 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>
>open a ticket

As I wrote, there is an issue 2131 already.

Sorry I missed that.

>provide some tested code

I can just provide an old changeset mixed up from Squeak code -
it works but I do not have tested or look if it merges correctly
with Pharo. At least it works, I dont like the "TheWorldMenu basicNew quitSession" hack.

Someone (with knowledge of the event handling system) should review
or enhance it (Marcus?). You will find it attached.

>I cannot do everything especially for platform I do not have access to.

We should handle this in-image now for all platforms
since it is AFAIK this is now supported by all VM's. How is it done
on Mac and Linux these days?

>Then, for 1.1 open a ticket so that someone try to fix the problem with the
>version 4.

There is already one:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2131

If we want to keep quality high we should care about this.

yes, but not for 1.0 as it will be released TODAY (or tomorrow)

So...which is the working Windows VM we should use for 1.0 ? the one before 4 version.

Bye
T.