Handling uniform values in Normalizers

Uko2
Hi,

I encountered a problem in CodeCite that arises when you are using ColorNormalizer and all values are the same (so you cannot scale anything). Is there a standard way to handle that, or I need implement something myself?

Uko

Re: Handling uniform values in Normalizers

Richard Wettel-3
Hi Uko

I thought about this before.
What would be a decent handling of such a case?
Choose the color for the lowest value? For the highest? Or compute the average color?
For example: What would the user expect when specifying the color from red (for minimum) to blue (for maximum) and all the values are? All red, all blue, or all violet?
I could not find the "natural" answer to this question.

Something I can imagine is that the API is allowing us to set a neutral color, but I am not sure about this. I am however open for discussing it.

Cheers
Ricky