Happy new year in advance :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I just want to thank you for your positive energy.  We had a dream with marcus about a
better Smalltalk and this is happening. This is cool. It was not easy but the community is moving -
more than we would ever thought after all these years trying to push with less success.
Our vision for pharo is described on the pharo web site :)
        http://www.pharo-project.org/about

Now my personal challenge/vision is the following:
        - I want Pharo to be a cool vehicule for innovation.
        - I want Pharo to be a solid vehicule for companies to succeed making a living
        with "Smalltalk" --- I put "" because I would like to avoid to get bound until the
        end of my life with just a Smalltalk :) but I would love to see companies starting in France around Pharo
        if you are interested contact me :)

Let us really invent the future building on the past.

If you want to help, check the mailing-list -  you can see our open-process: open and pragmatic communication,
discussing and learning are key for us -- sorry for the volume of mails.

Spread the word: Pharo is what we will make it to be.
Don't always trust what others write between the lines on us. ;-D
Check by yourself (drink a beer with us before) and study history - all is in there.

Re: Happy new year in advance :)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Sometimes pushing doe not work, but getting out in front and pulling does - thanks for doing that!

As for Smalltalk in quotes, I am a strong believer in never doing to the language what can readily be done with the language.  That approach will lead me to advocate for new frameworks, editors and inspectors where new syntax might seem like the most direct approach.  I look forward to a new year of debate on such topics, not to mention a couple of releases of Pharo!

Bill