Hardware cursor vs Software Cursor

Fernando olivero-2
I believe that the senders or Cursor xxx showWhile: .. are using the
wrong level of abstraction,
by directly referring to the Cursor class reference
and more important, that all visual related cues must go thru UIManager .

If we take this approach further, we see there's
1) no need to have a special Cursor class.
2) We can remove the Hardware cursors and the software cursor
distinction, so any Form can be used as a "cursor" image. Leading to
an understandable implementation of the drawing behind HandMorph ( if
not convinced try out " Cursor wait show" , and see that nothing
happens)

Solution:
*Refactor HandMorph, removing the distinction between hardware and
software cursor.
*Make the Cursor  senders, to use the proper level of abstraction (
not directly using the hardware cursor, such as Cursor wait
showWhile:[..])
*Remove Cursor.

I will work on this, and once create an issue once working.

Saludos,
Fernando

Re: Hardware cursor vs Software Cursor

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Mar 8, 2011, at 11:00 21AM, Fernando Olivero wrote:

[...]

For an interesting view of showWhile:, read
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/travis/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=Cursor_consider_showWhile:_[Harmful]&entry=3432339015

Cheers,
Henry