Has codemirror bower gone missing?

Adrian Castravete

Hello everybody,

This morning I tried to clone a project I’ve been meaning to work on that uses amber.
However when I try to do bower install it requests a github username and password.
After supplying them it fails with an Authentication error.

The problem isn’t the authentication though… the https://github.com/codemirror/bower.git/ is the culprit.
When I tried to access it github responds with a 404.

Is it maybe something I’m doing wrong?

Re: Has codemirror bower gone missing?

Herby Vojčík
Adrian Castravete wrote:

>       Hello everybody,
>
> This morning I tried to clone a project I’ve been meaning to work on
> that uses amber.
> However when I try to do |bower install| it requests a *github* username
> and password.
> After supplying them it fails with an /Authentication/ error.
>
> The problem isn’t the authentication though… the
> |https://github.com/codemirror/bower.git/| is the culprit.
> When I tried to access it github responds with a 404.
>
> Is it maybe something I’m doing wrong?

I just tried `amber init` on my machine and everything went fine (it
loaded codemirror 5.21.0). I even did `npm -g install bower` to get
newest version and `del /s/q bower_components` and `bower cache clean`
to check fresh `bower install` behaviour; but no problems there.

Herby

Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Adrian Castravete wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> This morning I tried to clone a project I’ve been meaning to work on
>> that uses amber.
>> However when I try to do |bower install| it requests a *github* username
>> and password.
>> After supplying them it fails with an /Authentication/ error.
>>
>> The problem isn’t the authentication though… the
>> |https://github.com/codemirror/bower.git/| is the culprit.
>> When I tried to access it github responds with a 404.
>>
>> Is it maybe something I’m doing wrong?
>
> I just tried `amber init` on my machine and everything went fine (it
> loaded codemirror 5.21.0). I even did `npm -g install bower` to get
> newest version and `del /s/q bower_components` and `bower cache clean`

rd /s/q ... whatever, same as rm -rf in unix. Message understood, I hope.

> to check fresh `bower install` behaviour; but no problems there.
>
> Herby

Re: Has codemirror bower gone missing?

Adrian Castravete
Gotcha! Doing now! :)

On Monday, 28 November 2016 13:16:40 UTC+2, Herby wrote:
Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Adrian Castravete wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> This morning I tried to clone a project I’ve been meaning to work on
>> that uses amber.
>> However when I try to do |bower install| it requests a *github* username
>> and password.
>> After supplying them it fails with an /Authentication/ error.
>>
>> The problem isn’t the authentication though… the
>> When I tried to access it github responds with a 404.
>>
>> Is it maybe something I’m doing wrong?
>
> I just tried `amber init` on my machine and everything went fine (it
> loaded codemirror 5.21.0). I even did `npm -g install bower` to get
> newest version and `del /s/q bower_components` and `bower cache clean`

rd /s/q ... whatever, same as rm -rf in unix. Message understood, I hope.

> to check fresh `bower install` behaviour; but no problems there.
>
> Herby

Re: Has codemirror bower gone missing?

Adrian Castravete

OK! I think I figured out what I did wrong. Fresh install on home laptop, and everything worked fine.
I think I forgot to switch to the latest version of npm at the work computer.

Thank you very much for the fast reply and sorry for the bother / disturbance.
How do I go about hiding this thread?