Headless Pier Riddle

Mircea Filip Lungu
Context:

- os: debian
- vm: cog
- image: the image from the pier site, in which I updated to the
latest version of the pier packages

~/coglinux/bin/squeak x.image

starts the image with no error and port 8087 is open

~/coglinux/bin/squeak -nodisplay -nosound x.image

just blocks and the port 8087 is not open.

do you have any idea what could be the reason? I tried with all the
possible parameter combinations: (-headless, -vm-display-none)

Thanks,
M.

--
Mircea Lungu
Researcher

Re: Headless Pier Riddle

Scott Sproule
I am certain that you will have tried the following suggestions but anyhow
1) check to see if no sound is causing a problem
2) install RFB and see if VNC provides some clues on the image side.. perhaps a dialog is coming up on the image.
3) you could try a strace or struss to see if there i a clue in the libraries...

apogees if these are not helpful.

S.