Helios and Firefox shortcut conflict

Tommaso DS
Hi all,

I am playing with Amber and I am using Firefox for development.
I had an amazing moment when I discovered the Helios shortcuts, however in Firefox on a Mac, the Ctrl+Space shortcut is hardcoded(!) to the "Open Context Menu" action, where in Linux and Win it is binded to Ctrl+F10.

The final behavior is that when the users presses Ctrl+Space, the browser displays both the Helios bar (cool) and the Firefox context menu (not cool), and this is really annoying.
There is a discussion in the Firefox bug tracker started 5+ years ago discussing this behavior, but it seems that nothing is changing at the moment.

I tried to change the Helios-KeyBindings.js file to change the shortcut, but I did not get any result.
Does anyone know which is the correct line to change, or do you have any suggestion about how to fix this situation?

Thanks!

js to amber translation question

SebastianHC
Hi!

I have trouble to translate the following JQuery lint to Amber.

  $(".inner-field",  element).droppable

Any ideas?

Thanks, and a Happy New Year!
Sebastian

Re: js to amber translation question

Manfred Kröhnert

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I have trouble to translate the following JQuery lint to Amber.

 $(".inner-field",  element).droppable

Currently we only have String>>asJQuery but no equivalent which uses a context.

You could try with the following (untested) line:

(jQuery value: '.inner-field' value: element) droppable

Best,
Manfred

Any ideas?

Thanks, and a Happy New Year!
Sebastian

Re: js to amber translation question

Herby Vojčík

Manfred Kröhnert wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink
>
>     Hi!
>
>     I have trouble to translate the following JQuery lint to Amber.
>
>       $(".inner-field",  element).droppable
>

> Currently we only have String>>asJQuery but no equivalent which uses a
> context.
>
> You could try with the following (untested) line:
>
> (jQuery value: '.inner-field' value: element) droppable

It it will work for you, you can add asJQueryInContext: implementations
parallel with existing asJQuery ones as a pullreq.

Herby

> Best,
> Manfred
>
>     Thanks, and a Happy New Year!
>     Sebastian

Re: js to amber translation question

SebastianHC
Hi Manfread, Hi Herby,

thanks a lot. I will try it and prepare a pullreq if it works.

Sebastian

Am 29.12.2013 05:42, schrieb Herby Vojčík:

> Manfred Kröhnert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have trouble to translate the following JQuery lint to Amber.
>>
>> $(".inner-field", element).droppable
>>

>> Currently we only have String>>asJQuery but no equivalent which uses a
>> context.
>>
>> You could try with the following (untested) line:
>>
>> (jQuery value: '.inner-field' value: element) droppable
>
> It it will work for you, you can add asJQueryInContext:
> implementations parallel with existing asJQuery ones as a pullreq.
>
> Herby
>

>> Best,
>> Manfred
>>
>> Thanks, and a Happy New Year!
>> Sebastian

Re: js to amber translation question

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi Sebastian,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Manfread, Hi Herby,

thanks a lot. I will try it and prepare a pullreq if it works.

For the pull request it might make more sense to use inline JS.

Best,
Manfred

Sebastian

Am 29.12.2013 05:42, schrieb Herby Vojčík:

Hi,