Helios - how to get it back once gone?

philippeback
Let's say that I do have Helios popping up.

Nice.

Now if I close the window, how can I get it back?

More precisely, how can I get it back from the Javascript console in my web browser?

I've tried a couple of incantations but it looks like amber isn't even known.

require('amber_vm/smalltalk').Browser._open()

opens the old browser at the bottom.

On what can I call _popupHelios()?

Phil

Re: Helios - how to get it back once gone?

Herby Vojčík
require('amber/helpers').popupHelios()

In fact, require('amber/helpers') is what 'amber/devel', 'amber/deploy' and other loader sets are exporting (see support/devel.js, support/deploy.js), so the above is identical call to 'amber.popupHelios()' in the require callback.

Herby

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
require('amber/helpers').popupHelios()

In fact, require('amber/helpers') is what 'amber/devel', 'amber/deploy' and other loader sets are exporting (see support/devel.js, support/deploy.js), so the above is identical call to 'amber.popupHelios()' in the require callback.

Ok, works. Not super intuitive to figure out I'd say.

Herby

[hidden email] wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     require('amber/helpers').__popupHelios()
>
>     In fact, require('amber/helpers') is what 'amber/devel',
>     'amber/deploy' and other loader sets are exporting (see
>     support/devel.js, support/deploy.js), so the above is identical
>     call to 'amber.popupHelios()' in the require callback.
>

> Ok, works. Not super intuitive to figure out I'd say.

It shouldn't be figured out.
It should be clearly documented. :-)

>     Herby

Re: Helios - how to get it back once gone?

Nicolas Petton
You can do

require('amber/devel').popupHelios()

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Herby Vojčík writes:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     require('amber/helpers').__popupHelios()
>>
>>     In fact, require('amber/helpers') is what 'amber/devel',
>>     'amber/deploy' and other loader sets are exporting (see
>>     support/devel.js, support/deploy.js), so the above is identical
>>     call to 'amber.popupHelios()' in the require callback.
>>

>> Ok, works. Not super intuitive to figure out I'd say.
>
> It shouldn't be figured out.
> It should be clearly documented. :-)

Working on that :)

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Nicolas Petton wrote:
> You can do
>
> require('amber/devel').popupHelios()

Oh. I didn't even think about this...
But of course it works. Just it should only be used for ad-hoc, or you will hard times when switch to amber/deplot or so...

Herby Vojčík writes:

> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>> You can do
>>
>> require('amber/devel').popupHelios()
>
> Oh. I didn't even think about this...
> But of course it works. Just it should only be used for ad-hoc, or you
> will hard times when switch to amber/deplot or so...

Yep. But I thought about a one time thing in the js console :)

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Helios - how to get it back once gone?

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/11/14, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

To get back Helios after it has been closed do
n the web console

      require('amber/helpers').__popupHelios()

> It should be clearly documented. :-)
>
>>     Herby

This is an FAQ (see mailing list archive) and it should go to the FAQ
section of the documentation. I opened

         https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-documentation/issues/4

--Hannes