Helios

shaun gilchrist

Oh no! http://helios.io

Re: Helios

sebastianconcept
ok but not so terrible given that the Amber brand acts as ou namespace because our helios runs only on amber

the only confussion could happen when we develop using amber on the server side using helios the ide and helios.io

:D

but if we can use amber server side why would we could possibly wish to use another backend?

so...

:D

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, shaun gilchrist wrote:

Oh no! http://helios.io

Re: Helios

sebastianconcept
that is actually a great idea :)

with its own cute illustrations for teh awesomez :D

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:52 PM, shaun gilchrist wrote:

Yeah it's not a huge deal I was actually just disappointed when I saw the name on hn and clicked it excitedly thinking Helios ide had gone live with its own site to show it off.

On Apr 2, 2013 12:48 PM, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok but not so terrible given that the Amber brand acts as ou namespace because our helios runs only on amber

the only confussion could happen when we develop using amber on the server side using helios the ide and helios.io

:D

but if we can use amber server side why would we could possibly wish to use another backend?

so...

:D

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, shaun gilchrist wrote:

Oh no! http://helios.io

Re: Helios

Herby Vojčík
Or it can be renamed, if needed. My quick though brought up "Polish" (I searched for "what must be done to ambers to be finished? Polish them"; only later I found out that there is another amber-related meaning since ambers are produced at Polish coast as well).

Herby

?

>     so...
>
>     :D
>
>     On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, shaun gilchrist wrote:
>
>         Oh no! http://helios.io
>
>         --

Re: Helios

xekoukou
As a greek, I really like when projects use names like helios, pharo , pragma etc. They might seem exotic to people. In scientific literature, they also keep using greek and latin words.

2013/4/2 shaun gilchrist <[hidden email]>

Yeah it's not a huge deal I was actually just disappointed when I saw the name on hn and clicked it excitedly thinking Helios ide had gone live with its own site to show it off.

On Apr 2, 2013 12:48 PM, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok but not so terrible given that the Amber brand acts as ou namespace because our helios runs only on amber

the only confussion could happen when we develop using amber on the server side using helios the ide and helios.io

:D

but if we can use amber server side why would we could possibly wish to use another backend?

so...

:D

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, shaun gilchrist wrote:

Oh no! http://helios.io

Sincerely yours,
     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis

Re: Helios

shaun gilchrist
There is also this take wrt smalltalk naming from alan kay:

"The name was also a reaction against the "IndoEuropean god theory" where systems were named Zeus, Odin, and Thor, and hardly did anything." http://www.smalltalk.org/smalltalk/whatissmalltalk.html