Helios vs Legacy?

Tim Mackinnon-6
Hi guys - why would you use the legacy browser over the Helios one?

Legacy sounds obsolete? But I don't understand why it's the default selected browser when I open my first page? Or why it's even in the list at all? I'm guessing it's got a useful use case or it would have been removed from the list ages ago?

OR has its significance been forgotten and it could be relegated to a config option and the initial prompt simplified for new users?

I'm curious and hoping fresh eyes might be useful to help reduce friction for new uses.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Helios vs Legacy?

Herby Vojčík
It's not supported and is less feature-rich, but is useful b/c it has different debug/inspect code which may work when Helios'does not (and especially, it is ready when errors happen soon, before Helios loads).

As for why is it the default - I don't know. Maybe just because it's the first of the two buttons?

Herby

P.S.: I would rather avoid adding more questions to amber init. It's annoying as is already.

Dňa 27. februára 2016 9:42:31 CET používateľ Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> napísal: