Help Browser DNU

Tim Johnson
Hi,

Great work on 4.1.

I just wanted to load the WebClient from Andreas, so I found a way to load HelpBrowser (not included in 4.1) into a brand-new stock image.  This is from some message which Google popped up when I searched for "squeak HelpSystem":

 Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository';
        install: 'ConfigurationOfHelpSystem'.

     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfHelpSystem) project version: '1.0') load

The Help Browser opened up (and helpfully added itself to my World>>open... menu!)

However when I click the middle bar in the Help Browser window (which has some strange graphics artifacts), I get dumped to the debugger:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #panelRect
ProportionalSplitterMorph>>leftBoundary
ProportionalSplitterMorph>>normalizedX:

Sadly I just had to type all that in, too, because the scrollbar menu button in the DNU window doesn't do anything... no pop-up menu.

Very sorry but I'm not putting this in Mantis and making a test case and all that.

Best,
Tim

Re: Help Browser DNU

Hannes Hirzel
Tim,
The HelpBrowser is included in the trunk image since this week.

So take a 4.1 stock image and then evaluate ***
   MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: 'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'.

And choose 'Squeak menu' / 'update'

After the update has finished it might be necessary to choose 'Extras'
/ 'Rebuild menus'.

Hannes

P.S. If you do not want to go for an updated trunk image: What has
worked in the past three weeks for me is as well

"HelpSystem: http://www.squeaksource.com/HelpSystem.html"
(Installer squeaksource project: 'HelpSystem')
        install: 'HelpSystem-Core';
        install: 'HelpSystem-Tests';
        install: 'Metacello-Help';
        install: 'Pharo-Project-Help';
        install: 'Squeak-Project-Help'.
(Smalltalk at: #HelpBrowser) open.

*** Alternatively choose the 'Preferences' browser click on category
'Monticello' and insert
    http://source.squeak.org/trunk
as update url
Save it with ctrl-s or alt-s