[Help][Extending the system][Squeak5.2] Are the four entries there still relevant for 5.2?

[Help][Extending the system][Squeak5.2] Are the four entries there still relevant for 5.2?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

There are four entries in the help system [1]

Squeak -> The Project -> Extending the system

Are they still relevant. Or what else should go there instead?

For example it would be nice to have the install script for NuScratch [2]

Regards
Hannes

[1]
OCompletion
"Provides source code completion as you type"
(Installer ss project: 'OCompletion') install: 'Ocompletion'.
(Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet) register.
(Smalltalk at: #ToolSet) default: (Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet).

Omnibrowser
"Including Refactoring engine"
(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
#lastVersion) load: #( Dev ).

Pier CMS
"Pier CMS: http://www.piercms.com"
(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install: 'ConfigurationOfPier2'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPier2) load.

(Installer lukas project: 'pier2') install: 'Pier-Blog'.
(Installer lukas project: 'pier2') install: 'Pier-Book'.
(Installer lukas project: 'pier2addons') install: 'Pier-Setup'.
(Smalltalk at: #PRDistribution)  new register.

Open Cobalt

---------------------------------------

[2] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6604

Scratch is a visual programming language and online community targeted
primarily at children [Wikipedia]. It started with a first
implementation in Squeak Smalltalk, then it was reimplemented in Flash
(ActionScript) and now in JavaScript (more about Scratch see here).

The Smalltalk based implementation has been maintained and improved
and is available under the Name 'NuScratch' to be loaded as an
application into a Squeak base system.

Re: [Help][Extending the system][Squeak5.2] Are the four entries there still relevant for 5.2?

timrowledge

> On 27-06-2018, at 10:55 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> There are four entries in the help system [1]
>
> Squeak -> The Project -> Extending the system

The comment is that they are not documented in SqueakMap or Installer - so the proper solution must surely be to make sure they are all correctly set up in SM/Installer and then delete that section.

tim
Useful random insult:- One of the early failures of electroshock therapy.

Re: [Help][Extending the system][Squeak5.2] Are the four entries there still relevant for 5.2?

Hannes Hirzel
First: We have to check what these projects are for and if they are useful.
And if they load at all  (I did not do that)

Second: I think it is actually good to have some 'featured' projects there  ...

On 6/28/18, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 27-06-2018, at 10:55 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> There are four entries in the help system [1]
>>
>> Squeak -> The Project -> Extending the system
>
> The comment is that they are not documented in SqueakMap or Installer - so
> the proper solution must surely be to make sure they are all correctly set
> up in SM/Installer and then delete that section.
>
> tim
> --
> Useful random insult:- One of the early failures of electroshock therapy.

Re: [Help][Extending the system][Squeak5.2] Are the four entries there still relevant for 5.2?

Hannes Hirzel
Proposal for one of the 4 entries:

The Omnibrowser is not usable in Squeak anymore and also not being
developed anymore either. Replace it with RefactoringTools, see thread

      [squeak-dev] Browser menu interface to refactorings

--Hannes