Help - Understanding OBSystemBrowser

Germán Leiva
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add one column in the navigationPanel (I'll extend OBSystemBrowser, just for the examples lets say OBMySystemBrowser)

The current behaviour is (from left to right)

4columns.png

|| Column A || Column B || Column C || Column D ||
|| Categories in Smalltalk globals || Classes in the selected category || Method categories of the selected class || Methods in the selected method category ||

I want to add a column in the left (the column that has Trulala1) , and maintain the behaviour of the columns 2 to 5

|| Column 1 || Column 2 || Column 3 || Column 4 || Column 5 ||
|| Environments in Smalltalk || Column A (Categories in the selected environment) || Column B || Column C || Column D ||

5columns.png

The question is, where I define the order and the behaviour of the columns?

I think I need to create a new node in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultRootNode and in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultMetaNode.
But in some point an OBMetagraphBuilder set up the root node and I'm lost there because the only "constructor" that has is #on:class:comment:metaclass:.

The order and the dependencies of the columns are implicit in the structure of the node?

Please enlight me :$

Cheers

--
Germán Leiva

Re: Help - Understanding OBSystemBrowser

Lukas Renggli
Did you see <http://bergel.eu/download/papers/Berg08cOmnibrowser.pdf>?

2010/8/14 Germán Leiva <[hidden email]>

> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to add one column in the navigationPanel (I'll extend OBSystemBrowser, just for the examples lets say OBMySystemBrowser)
> The current behaviour is (from left to right)
>

> || Column A || Column B || Column C || Column D ||
> || Categories in Smalltalk globals || Classes in the selected category || Method categories of the selected class || Methods in the selected method category ||
> I want to add a column in the left (the column that has Trulala1) , and maintain the behaviour of the columns 2 to 5
> || Column 1 || Column 2 || Column 3 || Column 4 || Column 5 ||
> || Environments in Smalltalk || Column A (Categories in the selected environment) || Column B || Column C || Column D ||
>

> The question is, where I define the order and the behaviour of the columns?
>
> I think I need to create a new node in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultRootNode and in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultMetaNode.
> But in some point an OBMetagraphBuilder set up the root node and I'm lost there because the only "constructor" that has is #on:class:comment:metaclass:.
> The order and the dependencies of the columns are implicit in the structure of the node?
> Please enlight me :$
> Cheers
> --
> Germán Leiva

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Help - Understanding OBSystemBrowser

Germán Leiva
No, I'll do that now.

Thanks =)

2010/8/14 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
Did you see <http://bergel.eu/download/papers/Berg08cOmnibrowser.pdf>?

2010/8/14 Germán Leiva <[hidden email]>

> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to add one column in the navigationPanel (I'll extend OBSystemBrowser, just for the examples lets say OBMySystemBrowser)
> The current behaviour is (from left to right)
>

> || Column A || Column B || Column C || Column D ||
> || Categories in Smalltalk globals || Classes in the selected category || Method categories of the selected class || Methods in the selected method category ||
> I want to add a column in the left (the column that has Trulala1) , and maintain the behaviour of the columns 2 to 5
> || Column 1 || Column 2 || Column 3 || Column 4 || Column 5 ||
> || Environments in Smalltalk || Column A (Categories in the selected environment) || Column B || Column C || Column D ||
>

> The question is, where I define the order and the behaviour of the columns?
>
> I think I need to create a new node in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultRootNode and in OBMySystemBrowser >> defaultMetaNode.
> But in some point an OBMetagraphBuilder set up the root node and I'm lost there because the only "constructor" that has is #on:class:comment:metaclass:.
> The order and the dependencies of the columns are implicit in the structure of the node?
> Please enlight me :$
> Cheers
> --
> Germán Leiva