Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

laurent laffont
Please please, could someone record the http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pharo-install.html for Windows ? (and OSX would be great too).

It's easy, short, I will add subtitles and edit, or you adapt the original subtitles file http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharocasts/original_and_subtitles/start_pharo.ass

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

HaiColon
laurent laffont wrote
Please please, could someone record the
http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pharo-install.html for Windows ? (and
OSX would be great too).
I tried my hand at the Windows version, my Mac is too slow to record video I think.

I'll send you the download link in a few minutes when it finished uploading to my dropbox. It's already sped up 2 times and I added voice, but if you want to add subtitles you have to do that by yourself I'm afraid, I tried using Jubler but it just made me very angry :) I really don't want to be in your shoes having to mess around with doing these subtitles for the Pharocasts all the time. I think I'd go crazy ^^

One problem is that my Windows is german but I don't think it's really noticeable. Either way, if it's not good enough, don't worry if you aren't going to use it, maybe someone else can do it better or I can try again :)

Re: Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

Stéphane Ducasse
Tx!!!!

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:57 AM, HaiColon <[hidden email]> wrote:

laurent laffont wrote:

> Please please, could someone record the
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pharo-install.html for Windows ?
> (and
> OSX would be great too).

I tried my hand at the Windows version, my Mac is too slow to record video I
think.

I'll send you the download link in a few minutes when it finished uploading
to my dropbox. It's already sped up 2 times and I added voice, but if you
want to add subtitles you have to do that by yourself I'm afraid, I tried
using Jubler but it just made me very angry :) I really don't want to be in
your shoes having to mess around with doing these subtitles for the
Pharocasts all the time. I think I'd go crazy ^^

Finally I haven't tried to follow the voice, just put essential ideas on subtitles.

If you like it I will do the same for the next "secret" :) screencast.

One problem is that my Windows is german but I don't think it's really
noticeable. Either way, if it's not good enough, don't worry if you aren't
going to use it, maybe someone else can do it better or I can try again :)

I hope someone will record the MacOSX version.....

I'm dead tired, so I will try to take a rest :)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Laurent

Re: Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

Carla F. Griggio
I can record the mac version, and it would be great to learn how to make a screencast :P

So.. I just record the video and you add subtitles? I'd like to learn how to do that also.

I can't do it today, though. I hope I'll it over the weekend.

2010/8/20 Carla F. Griggio <[hidden email]>
I can record the mac version, and it would be great to learn how to make a screencast :P

So.. I just record the video and you add subtitles? I'd like to learn how to do that also.

Do what you want :)  I use Jubler http://www.jubler.org/ to add subtitles (but you can use another software).

Note all Pharocasts video are 800x600.

Thanks !

Laurent

laurent laffont wrote:

> Please please, could someone record the
> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pharo-install.html for Windows ?
> (and
> OSX would be great too).

I tried my hand at the Windows version, my Mac is too slow to record video I
think.

I'll send you the download link in a few minutes when it finished uploading
to my dropbox. It's already sped up 2 times and I added voice, but if you
want to add subtitles you have to do that by yourself I'm afraid, I tried
using Jubler but it just made me very angry :) I really don't want to be in
your shoes having to mess around with doing these subtitles for the
Pharocasts all the time. I think I'd go crazy ^^

Finally I haven't tried to follow the voice, just put essential ideas on subtitles.

If you like it I will do the same for the next "secret" :) screencast.

One problem is that my Windows is german but I don't think it's really
noticeable. Either way, if it's not good enough, don't worry if you aren't
going to use it, maybe someone else can do it better or I can try again :)

I hope someone will record the MacOSX version.....

I'm dead tired, so I will try to take a rest :)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Laurent

Re: Help for pharocasts needed: start pharo on Windows (and OSX).

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Carla,

making an screencast on a mac depends on which os x version you've
installed on it

snow leopard offers a solution out of the box
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/quick-screencasting-using-quicktime-x-in-mac-snow-leopard/

with leopard, i tried ScreeFlow before and it's great
http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm

Happy screencasting =)
Francisco