Help raise $800 for a D5 fix

Steve Alan Waring
Hi,

In the recent "No Execution Incompatibility of D5 and D6 + Workaround "
thread, Blair mentioned that a fix for D5 would be around 1 day of
work.

At the going rates mentioned here:
http://www.object-arts.com/content/navigation/support/support_main.html
I am guessing this would be $800.

While I am currently moving all my work over to Dolphin 6, it would be
nice to have a fixed Dolphin 5 around in case of emergencies :)

I am willing to put in $100 for a D5 fix and a clean installer (VM,
stubs, compiler).

Anyone else interested in chipping in to help raise $800?

Steve
--
Steve Waring

Re: Help raise $800 for a D5 fix

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Steve,

> In the recent "No Execution Incompatibility of D5 and D6 + Workaround "
> thread, Blair mentioned that a fix for D5 would be around 1 day of
> work.
>
> At the going rates mentioned here:
> http://www.object-arts.com/content/navigation/support/support_main.html
> I am guessing this would be $800.
>
> While I am currently moving all my work over to Dolphin 6, it would be
> nice to have a fixed Dolphin 5 around in case of emergencies :)
>
> I am willing to put in $100 for a D5 fix and a clean installer (VM,
> stubs, compiler).
>
> Anyone else interested in chipping in to help raise $800?

Count me in for $100.

Thanks for thinking of this!

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Help raise $800 for a D5 fix

Andy Bower-3
Steve,

> In the recent "No Execution Incompatibility of D5 and D6 + Workaround
> " thread, Blair mentioned that a fix for D5 would be around 1 day of
> work.

Actually, while the fix itself might take about a day, I would imagine
that creating a new installer might easily double that (re-installing
InstallShield, getting it working, testing the result etc).

> At the going rates mentioned here:
> http://www.object-arts.com/content/navigation/support/support_main.htm
> l I am guessing this would be $800.
>
> While I am currently moving all my work over to Dolphin 6, it would be
> nice to have a fixed Dolphin 5 around in case of emergencies :)
>
> I am willing to put in $100 for a D5 fix and a clean installer (VM,
> stubs, compiler).
>
> Anyone else interested in chipping in to help raise $800?

However, this is an interesting tack so if you can raise the $800 in
this way we'll have a go at doing the fix for that amount.

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Help raise $800 for a D5 fix

Christoph J. Bachinger
[hidden email] schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> In the recent "No Execution Incompatibility of D5 and D6 + Workaround "
> thread, Blair mentioned that a fix for D5 would be around 1 day of
> work.
>
> At the going rates mentioned here:
> http://www.object-arts.com/content/navigation/support/support_main.html
> I am guessing this would be $800.
>
> While I am currently moving all my work over to Dolphin 6, it would be
> nice to have a fixed Dolphin 5 around in case of emergencies :)
>
> I am willing to put in $100 for a D5 fix and a clean installer (VM,
> stubs, compiler).
>
> Anyone else interested in chipping in to help raise $800?

Count me in for $100.

Christoph J. Bachinger

Re: Help raise $800 for a D5 fix ($200 to go)

Steve Alan Waring
Thanks to everyone who has replied.

We now have $600 of the $800 needed.

Only $200 to go ... so if you are interested in a new D5 release,
please post here or feel free to email me at: [hidden email]

Steve
--
Steve Waring

Re: Help raise $800 for a D5 fix (Last Call!!)

Steve Alan Waring
Hi,

Last chance to help give D5 a new lease of life!

We are close, but a couple more offers would really help out.

Feel free to email me for more information or post here.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Waring