Help system for pharo [WAS ] Re: ConfigurationOfPharo: now with Mocketry, Autotest, XMLSupport and Helps

1 message Options

Help system for pharo [WAS ] Re: ConfigurationOfPharo: now with Mocketry, Autotest, XMLSupport and Helps

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've updated ConfigurationOfPharo 1.2-beta2:
Added:
- Mocketry
- XMLSupport
- Autotest
- Shortcuts-Help

more tests and Help.

Excellent!!!! :)

I've put methods in categories.

Can someone check ?

For independent Help packages, shouldn't we create a ConfigurationOfPharoHelp ?

Uhh this is a good question....let me write what it just came to my mind:

- For external packages (external to PharoCore), they each have packages for tests, core, blah. Those that have Help pages, then it would be really cool to have a  separate package for them.
- For each external package, they need to only to put Help pages in a separate package, but also create a group for them in the Metacello Configuration. Then, people can choose what to load.
- PharoDev should include the metacello groups that contains the Help.

Now...regarding this example, about the shortcuts...that is related to PharoCore...So, we have to options:

1) Cotinue commiting them in  'http://www.squeaksource.com/HelpSystem'  and create a ConfigurationOfPharoHelp that we load for the dev image
2) Commit them into PharoCore and then remove them in #cleanUpForProduction

I am not sure which I like more, but I think 2). Since we have Help already integrated in the core, the idea is to use it, isn't it ? otherwise this should be in the dev image.
And I like to have the Help as closer as possible to the real code.
So, I choose for 2), but of course, I am all ears.

Cheers

Mariano

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont