Help testing Pharo 1.1 in big screens!

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks. I re-try (yes, yes, I re-insist hahaha) to have a background picture for the PharoDev 1.1. The last time I tried, we had a problem with the picture because in big screens instead of making it bigger, it put it several times, or it cut it. Now, thanks to Gary, it should work well.

So, if you are a lucky guy an have a big screen, can you please take the latests PharoCore 1.1 image, for example this:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26995/PharoCore-1.1-11357-UNSTABLE.zip

How to test it ?

- Download this in the same directory where the .image is:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26996/pharoBackground.png

Then evaluate:

World backgroundMorph:
    ((UITheme builder
        newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'pharoBackground.png') help: nil)
        autoSize: false;
        layout: #scaled;
        lock)

What to test ?

- You should stretch the pharo image, make it very big, and the background picture should stretch also together with the image.
- If you notice a performance decrease with it (I don't think so)
- If you like it or not.
- If the resolution is good enough in big screens

Thanks!

Mariano

Re: [Pharo-project] Help testing Pharo 1.1 in big screens!

Stéphane Ducasse
On my 30 inches screen
opening in full show some little square due to the limit of the png :)

Thanks mariano.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
On my 30 inches screen
opening in full show some little square due to the limit of the png :)

Ok...I guess it's a limit of the png format in particular, but THIS file. I mean, even if I convert it, I will get same results I gues...

Now, I don't know where this image came from. Samuel Morello ?  Can we ask someone for a new one with better resolution ?

Thanks

mariano

Thanks mariano.

On May 13, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks. I re-try (yes, yes, I re-insist hahaha) to have a background picture for the PharoDev 1.1. The last time I tried, we had a problem with the picture because in big screens instead of making it bigger, it put it several times, or it cut it. Now, thanks to Gary, it should work well.
>
> So, if you are a lucky guy an have a big screen, can you please take the latests PharoCore 1.1 image, for example this:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26995/PharoCore-1.1-11357-UNSTABLE.zip
>

> How to test it ?
>
> - Download this in the same directory where the .image is:
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26996/pharoBackground.png
>
> Then evaluate:
>
> World backgroundMorph:
>     ((UITheme builder
>         newAlphaImage: (ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'pharoBackground.png') help: nil)
>         autoSize: false;
>         layout: #scaled;
>         lock)
>

> What to test ?
>
> - You should stretch the pharo image, make it very big, and the background picture should stretch also together with the image.
> - If you notice a performance decrease with it (I don't think so)
> - If you like it or not.
> - If the resolution is good enough in big screens
>

> Thanks!
>
> Mariano

Re: [Pharo-project] Help testing Pharo 1.1 in big screens!

Stéphane Ducasse
this is ok let us keep that one :)