Help

Lorenzo
Help

Hi,

I am new to Seaside and I was following the tutorial.

In the chapter 17.1 I was trying to follow this instruction:

To tell Seaside about the part of the URL that you left out in your rendering code you have to go to the application configuration page (at http://localhost:8080/config) and specify the Resource Base URL in the server settings. Just enter http://www.seaside.st. Seaside will automatically prepend this string to all URLs specified using resourceUrl:>>resourceUrl:. This reduces your code size and can be very useful if you want to move the resource location during deployment.

I execute the instruction and when I reentered into Seaside I receive the following page:

<<...>>

For any operation I try to do I receive:

/http%3A/www.seaside.st/config not found

I do not know how to recover my work.

Does anybody can help me?

Grazie mille.

Lorenzo

Documento1.pdf (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Help

feav feav
you can use apache server and load your files there

Cordialement, Armel EMBOLO
Ingénieur de travaux en Informatique de Gestion / Analyste programmeur
Elève Ingénieur de Conception  en Génie Logiciel
Université de Maroua, Ecole Nationale Supérieure Polytechnique de Maroua (ex ISS)
Facebook : Armel Embolo
Linkedin : armel embolo
Tel : (+237) 650231339/698594740

[...]

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I think you are looking for something you can do in a playground to unwind it, unfortunately I’m pretty new in this are too - I had a quick look and I think you somehow need to get your WAApplication instance so you can look at its preferences. Then you can reset that preference so the UI will work again for you. Hopefully someone here might kick in and explain how to do that (assuming I’ve got it right).

Tim

On 29 May 2018, at 16:35, Lorenzo Schiavina <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

seaside mailing list

Re: Help

Tim Mackinnon
Actually the clue is in the deployment section of the tutorial (chapter 23) - I think you might be able to do something like:

(WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'examples/todo') preferenceAt: #resourceBaseUrl (check its what you put in)
(WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'examples/todo') preferenceAt: #resourceBaseUrl put: ‘’.

Maybe this might put you on track?

Tim

On 1 Jun 2018, at 10:42, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

R: Help

Lorenzo
Help

Hi Tim,

thank you very much for your kindness and help!

I have been able to recover.

Grazie

Lorenzo