Help with ConfigurationOfMoose

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi,

It's me again. Sorry for bothering you but I'm not able to load Moose from my ConfigurationOf in a fresh 2.0 image…
I tried every possible version: minimal, stable, default, and development but it does not load correctly.

Either I got a..
- SmallInteger>>#add: error which leads me to https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395/ but I cannot understand the fix.
- With development (or default) I got a SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isEmpty.
- Some missing dependencies with BlockContext

I'm wondering if someone can please take a fresh Pharo 2.0 image and try to load Moose (stable, default, or whatever)
using the Configuration and kindly tell me how to set up my configuration to load it.

FYI I'm loading Moose by doing the following in my configuration of:

spec
        project: 'Moose' with: [
        spec
                className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                loads: #('default');
                file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ]

Then I tried to replace #loads: with #versionString: and change the version string but I had no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Roberto Minelli

Re: Help with ConfigurationOfMoose

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

As mentioned before, the build from here loads Moose in a fresh Pharo 2.0 several times a day:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-latest-dev-4.8/

You can use this in your configuration:
spec project: 'Moose' with: [
                                spec
                                        className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                                        file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                                        version: #development;
                                        repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ].

Alternatively, if you do not want to load everything, you can say:
spec project: 'Moose' with: [
                                spec
                                        className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                                        file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
                                        version: #development;
                                        loads: #('Core' );
                                        repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ].

But, you could also simply start from a Moose image directly. Just download it from the build server.

Cheers,
Doru

On May 21, 2013, at 9:24 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's me again. Sorry for bothering you but I'm not able to load Moose from my ConfigurationOf in a fresh 2.0 image…
> I tried every possible version: minimal, stable, default, and development but it does not load correctly.
>
> Either I got a..
> - SmallInteger>>#add: error which leads me to https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395/ but I cannot understand the fix.
> - With development (or default) I got a SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isEmpty.
> - Some missing dependencies with BlockContext
>
> I'm wondering if someone can please take a fresh Pharo 2.0 image and try to load Moose (stable, default, or whatever)
> using the Configuration and kindly tell me how to set up my configuration to load it.
>
> FYI I'm loading Moose by doing the following in my configuration of:
>
> spec
> project: 'Moose' with: [
> spec
> className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
> loads: #('default');
> file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
> repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ]
>
> Then I tried to replace #loads: with #versionString: and change the version string but I had no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Roberto Minelli

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Help with ConfigurationOfMoose

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi Doru,

Thanks for the answer. I used to start from a fresh Moose image downloaded every day from the CI, but I want others to be able to start from a fresh Pharo image.

I'll try what u proposed later today. Thanks.

Il giorno 21-mag-2013, alle ore 21:41, "Tudor Girba" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> As mentioned before, the build from here loads Moose in a fresh Pharo 2.0 several times a day:
> https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-latest-dev-4.8/
>
> You can use this in your configuration:
> spec project: 'Moose' with: [
>                spec
>                    className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>                    file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>                    version: #development;
>                    repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ].
>
> Alternatively, if you do not want to load everything, you can say:
> spec project: 'Moose' with: [
>                spec
>                    className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>                    file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>                    version: #development;
>                    loads: #('Core' );
>                    repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ].
>
> But, you could also simply start from a Moose image directly. Just download it from the build server.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On May 21, 2013, at 9:24 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's me again. Sorry for bothering you but I'm not able to load Moose from my ConfigurationOf in a fresh 2.0 image…
>> I tried every possible version: minimal, stable, default, and development but it does not load correctly.
>>
>> Either I got a..
>> - SmallInteger>>#add: error which leads me to https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395/ but I cannot understand the fix.
>> - With development (or default) I got a SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isEmpty.
>> - Some missing dependencies with BlockContext
>>
>> I'm wondering if someone can please take a fresh Pharo 2.0 image and try to load Moose (stable, default, or whatever)
>> using the Configuration and kindly tell me how to set up my configuration to load it.
>>
>> FYI I'm loading Moose by doing the following in my configuration of:
>>
>> spec
>>    project: 'Moose' with: [
>>    spec
>>        className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>>        loads: #('default');
>>        file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>>        repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ]
>>
>> Then I tried to replace #loads: with #versionString: and change the version string but I had no luck.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Roberto Minelli

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Help with ConfigurationOfMoose

abergel
If you get the error SmallInteger>>#add, then your VM is probably not the right one. Try instead of using the Cog vm instead if the one shipped with the one-click

Alexandre

Le 21 mai 2013 à 12:24, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> It's me again. Sorry for bothering you but I'm not able to load Moose from my ConfigurationOf in a fresh 2.0 image…
> I tried every possible version: minimal, stable, default, and development but it does not load correctly.
>
> Either I got a..
> - SmallInteger>>#add: error which leads me to https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395/ but I cannot understand the fix.
> - With development (or default) I got a SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isEmpty.
> - Some missing dependencies with BlockContext
>
> I'm wondering if someone can please take a fresh Pharo 2.0 image and try to load Moose (stable, default, or whatever)
> using the Configuration and kindly tell me how to set up my configuration to load it.
>
> FYI I'm loading Moose by doing the following in my configuration of:
>
> spec
>    project: 'Moose' with: [
>    spec
>        className: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>        loads: #('default');
>        file: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>        repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Moose/main' ]
>
> Then I tried to replace #loads: with #versionString: and change the version string but I had no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Roberto Minelli

Re: Help with ConfigurationOfMoose

EstebanLM
mmm... what is probably not correct is the image...

which 2.0 version are you using?
which VM version?

please, check this bug report:

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10395/

it describes the workaround followed to avoid that, but that would be in latests 2.0 images, you can get one here:

http://files.pharo.org/image/20/latest.zip

Esteban