Help with Seaside - put an image into a table cell

Help with Seaside - put an image into a table cell

Long Haired David
Hi everyone. I am trying to present a list of objects using Seaside. I am putting them into tables but I want the first cell of the row to be an image coming from a url. I can't seem to work out the message to send.

I am using  html tableData: aString to fill each cell.

At the moment |I have the following method that I wrote before I realised the problem so this doesn't work.

showImageFor: anID using: html

html image width: 200;  url:  PSIni getImageURL, '/', anID printString, '.jpg'

PSIni getImageURL gets the image URL path from the ini file.

An example of the image url being constructed is http://www.totallyobjects.com/images/pennstadt/15.jpg

Can anyone help me with this?

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Help with Seaside - put an image into a table cell

Long Haired David
The answer was obvious when pointed out to me. sending tableData: a block gets that code executed, of course, so

html tableData with: [

                “call image making method within this block”

                self showImageFor: anId on: html

]

works!

Thanks to Jupiter Jones on the Seaside forum!

David

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 6:17:54 PM UTC+1, Totally Objects wrote:
Hi everyone. I am trying to present a list of objects using Seaside. I am putting them into tables but I want the first cell of the row to be an image coming from a url. I can't seem to work out the message to send.

I am using  html tableData: aString to fill each cell.

At the moment |I have the following method that I wrote before I realised the problem so this doesn't work.

showImageFor: anID using: html

html image width: 200;  url:  PSIni getImageURL, '/', anID printString, '.jpg'

PSIni getImageURL gets the image URL path from the ini file.

An example of the image url being constructed is <a href="http://www.totallyobjects.com/images/pennstadt/15.jpg" style="color:rgb(0,64,128)" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.totallyobjects.com%2Fimages%2Fpennstadt%2F15.jpg\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFjsDHdUSuAahj2CrlJ0o1M7uPpgQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.totallyobjects.com%2Fimages%2Fpennstadt%2F15.jpg\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFjsDHdUSuAahj2CrlJ0o1M7uPpgQ&#39;;return true;">http://www.totallyobjects.com/images/pennstadt/15.jpg

Can anyone help me with this?

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989