Help with VerveineJ

12

Re: Help with VerveineJ

Stéphane Ducasse

On Nov 16, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I said in the previous email we have a filtered loader working ok where I
>> basically reused some classes. The implementation is based on a
>> importContext to filter the imported model.
>> However, I am not sure if it is the best implementation because we are using
>> a separated filter (the context) but the filter should be the meta-model
>> (i.e., we should use FMMetaRepositoryFilter, the same we did with the
>> filtered exporter). Like that I guess we can even remove the classes
>> FMImporterFilter and FMParseClientFilter.
>>
>> So, Doru, to use our implemented FMMetaRepositoryFilter to export filtered
>> models, you remember that we needed to adapt the classes
>> FMRepositoryVisitor, FMRepository and FMMetaRepository.
>> Now, to import filtered models we need to adapt classes such as FMImporter.
>> I can have a look on that and let you know.
>
> We do not want to touch the FMImporter. The whole point of the filter
> is so that we can pass to the importer a sub-meta-model and then it
> does the job out of the box.

Yes
Doru we should get two information:
        the full graph.
        the current selection and its dependent based on the full one.
would the sub model selection work? as current selection? I guess so.

> What we want is to translate the current ImportingContext into the
> data for the FMMetaRepositoryFilter. As a later step, we can remove
> the internal model of the ImportingContext altogether and use instead
> directly a meta-repository. The API of the importing context should
> remain because it is used in the Smalltalk importer.

Doru if we have an object (FM related) that we can query the SmalltalkImporter could use it
but we should keep the API.
May be the easiest thing to do in that case would be to move the importingContext closer to the SmalltalkImporter.

> What do you say?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Santiago,
>>>
>>> You can find the custom loader Stef cited in: HoraExpTemp3 in SqueakSource
>>> (load all the packages not related to Hismo). Then go to the Moose Panel and
>>> click in "Import model from model from MSE file with context".
>>> In fact I just fixed the wizard MooseImportFromMseWizard and used the
>>> already implemented classes FMImporterFilter and FMParseClientFilter to
>>> filter the model. The logic was already implemented.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> So, the same idea we used to

12