Help with amber init failing on Fedora 19: grunt-init exec error

Help with amber init failing on Fedora 19: grunt-init exec error

Simon Guest-2
Amber looks very cool, and I'd really like to try it.  I'm on Fedora 19, and did this:
$ sudo yum install npm

Now, I don't want npm to install things over the top of my system (RPM) packages, so:
$ npm config set prefix /stash/npm

Do the install:
$ npm install -g amber-cli

(Lots of things download and install under /stash/npm)

$ export PATH=/stash/npm/bin:$PATH

$ amber init
Welcome to Amber version 0.13.0-pre (NodeJS 0.10.28).
Running "init:/stash/npm/lib/node_modules/amber-cli/node_modules/grunt-init-amber" (init) task
This task will create one or more files in the current directory, based on the
environment and the answers to a few questions. Note that answering "?" to any
question will show question-specific help and answering "none" to most questions
will leave its value blank.

Warning: Existing files may be overwritten! Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
grunt-init exec error:
{ [Error: Command failed: ] killed: false, code: 6, signal: null }

What now?  Any suggestions really gratefully received!

cheers,
Simon

Re: Help with amber init failing on Fedora 19: grunt-init exec error

Manfred Kröhnert

Hello Simon,

Welcome to Amber and this list.
Am 18.05.2014 06:40 schrieb "Simon Guest" <[hidden email]>:

> Amber looks very cool, and I'd really like to try it.  I'm on Fedora 19, and did this:
> $ sudo yum install npm
>
> Now, I don't want npm to install things over the top of my system (RPM) packages, so:
> $ npm config set prefix /stash/npm
>
> Do the install:
> $ npm install -g amber-cli
>
> (Lots of things download and install under /stash/npm)
>
> $ export PATH=/stash/npm/bin:$PATH
>
> $ amber init
> Welcome to Amber version 0.13.0-pre (NodeJS 0.10.28).
> Running "init:/stash/npm/lib/node_modules/amber-cli/node_modules/grunt-init-amber" (init) task
> This task will create one or more files in the current directory, based on the
> environment and the answers to a few questions. Note that answering "?" to any
> question will show question-specific help and answering "none" to most questions
> will leave its value blank.
>
> Warning: Existing files may be overwritten! Use --force to continue.
>
> Aborted due to warnings.
> grunt-init exec error:
> { [Error: Command failed: ] killed: false, code: 6, signal: null }
>

> What now?  Any suggestions really gratefully received!

You need to create an empty directory dir your new project first, change into this directory and run 'amber init' from there.

> cheers,
> Simon

Best,
Manfred

Re: Help with amber init failing on Fedora 19: grunt-init exec error

Simon Guest-2
At Sun, 18 May 2014 08:42:38 +0200,
Manfred Kröhnert wrote:
> You need to create an empty directory dir your new project first, change into this directory and run 'amber init' from there.

Hi Manfred,

Sorry for missing something so obvious.  Yes, you're exactly right.
Up and going now.  Thanks for your help.

cheers,
Simon