Help with local links

Roel Wuyts
Hello,

I want to make a Smallwiki pages where I want to use links to other
elements (anchors) on the same page. I assumed the following would work:

-<a href="#target">Point to item on same page</a>
<hr>
<a name="target">The target</a>.

But it does not, since the basepath does not point to the right
location, or something. To see my problem in real life, have a look
at the following page:  http://restructuring.ulb.ac.be/achievements/
designrecoverytoolslist/

Any ideas on how to go about this ?

Kind Regards,

Roel Wuyts

Re: Fwd: Help with local links

Thomas Froeb
Roel Wuyts schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I want to make a Smallwiki pages where I want to use links to other
> elements (anchors) on the same page. I assumed the following would work:
>
> -<a href="#target">Point to item on same page</a>
> <hr>
> <a name="target">The target</a>.
>
> But it does not, since the basepath does not point to the right
> location, or something. To see my problem in real life, have a look
> at the following page:  http://restructuring.ulb.ac.be/achievements/
> designrecoverytoolslist/
>
> Any ideas on how to go about this ?
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Roel Wuyts

Hi Roel,

everything works fine the way you did it in Firefox (1.5) but not in the
Internet Explorer.
This seems to be a bug in the newest SmallWiki releases on Squeakmap
which occurs in the Internet Explorer. If you use older versions like
the one from www.seaside.st you don't have this problem.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Fwd: Help with local links

Samir Saidani

I had this problem too, and as far as I remember, I corrected it by
providing a correct basePath to the smallwiki server : instead of
having '/' as a basePath, change it to
'http://restructuring.ulb.ac.be/' and it should work both for firefox
and ie.

Samir

Thomas Froeb <[hidden email]> writes:

> Roel Wuyts schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to make a Smallwiki pages where I want to use links to other
>> elements (anchors) on the same page. I assumed the following would work:
>>
>> -<a href="#target">Point to item on same page</a>
>> <hr>
>> <a name="target">The target</a>.
>>
>> But it does not, since the basepath does not point to the right
>> location, or something. To see my problem in real life, have a look
>> at the following page:  http://restructuring.ulb.ac.be/achievements/
>> designrecoverytoolslist/
>>
>> Any ideas on how to go about this ?
>>

>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Roel Wuyts

> Hi Roel,
>
> everything works fine the way you did it in Firefox (1.5) but not in the
> Internet Explorer.
> This seems to be a bug in the newest SmallWiki releases on Squeakmap
> which occurs in the Internet Explorer. If you use older versions like
> the one from www.seaside.st you don't have this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Re: Help with local links

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi Roel,

the thing with the base-path in the <head> is common trouble-causer,
because different browser interpret it differently. Try to remove the
generation of the base-path tag in SmallWiki by commenting out the
line and see if this helps (and doesn't cause other troubles):

TemplateBodyContents>>renderheadWith: anAction on: html
        "html base: anAction server basePath."
        html style: anAction structure stylesheet.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli