Help with video recordings at Fosdem needed

Help with video recordings at Fosdem needed

Stephan Eggermont-3
At the Fosdem Smalltalk devroom this sunday, we would like some help
with the video recordings. Mostly pointing the camera at the speaker
and checking the sound and screen recording. If you will be there and
can help for one or more sessions, please let me know.

Stephan

Re: Help with video recordings at Fosdem needed

Udo Schneider
Hi Stephan,

On 26/01/15 20:37, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> At the Fosdem Smalltalk devroom this sunday, we would like some help
> with the video recordings. Mostly pointing the camera at the speaker
> and checking the sound and screen recording. If you will be there and
> can help for one or more sessions, please let me know.
I'll be there and have some experience with AV stuff. Just drop me a mail.

BTW: Which kind of gear will you be using?

CU,

Udo

Re: Help with video recordings at Fosdem needed

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Udo, thanks for helping out.

The gear is organized by Fosdem. Camera on tripod,
Microphone for speaker and audience questions,
Simultaneous recording of screen. Over 20 simultaneous
livestreams. So there will be a user manual and a help
desk.

Stephan

On 26/01/15 21:17, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> The gear is organized by Fosdem. Camera on tripod,
> Microphone for speaker and audience questions,
> Simultaneous recording of screen. Over 20 simultaneous
> livestreams. So there will be a user manual and a help
> desk.
Perfect! Count me in. I'm not sure whether I can stay until the last
session on Sunday. Have to check my flights.

Is there anything I can read upfront? Is it just one cam or multiple
cams with vision mixer?

CU,

Udo

Re: Help with video recordings at Fosdem needed

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Udo,

I've sent you an email.

There will be two streams recorded from
each room, one from the speakers laptop (needs to be vga)
one from the camera. Camera operator only needs to point
the camera in the right direction and press start/stop at the
appropriate times. Organisation will either provide an
application that can play both streams or mix them together
somewhat like picture in picture.

Last session is the introduction to smalltalk for
non-smalltalk developers. That's hands-on
and pair programming, not much need for
video there.

Stephan